Helix 3.1?

Digital Igloo

I guess Line 6 has never been "inspired" by others. Snapshots anyone? Almost all of the sounds in the helix are taken from other peoples work. LOL There is not one company on earth that doesn't barrow or steal the ideas from competitors, sorry...
The question was about how I'm able to catch this stuff. I totally expect the nuance of product design (pure invention vs. table stakes vs. inspiration vs. obfuscated lifting vs. blatant copying) to escape most people.

Chad Nedohin

The question was about how I'm able to catch this stuff. I totally expect the nuance of product design (pure invention vs. table stakes vs. inspiration vs. obfuscated lifting vs. blatant copying) to escape most people.
100% Asking Line 6 to come up with the Helix / HX products in isolation is like asking Henry Ford to come up with the GT-40 starting from scratch in the 1900s.

Evolution of design requires generations of engineers and ideas built upon ideas.

spikey

That's incorrect Fancy. I've owned both and was around when both were released. Helix snapshots came after if memory serves.

fancysalmon

That's incorrect Fancy. I've owned both and was around when both were released. Helix snapshots came after if memory serves.
Nope. I distinctly remember people got pretty hyped for getting Helix-like snapshots for the Axe. I don't know why, I just remember this useless stuff sometimes :rotflmao

First released in 9.0, which was released in October 2017:

While Helix got snaphots in 2016 with 2.0:

Just in case, I'm not criticizing anything here :rotflmao I honestly don't care who did what first, it's just that I remembered that Axe got snapshots after Helix.

bdrepko

Nope. I distinctly remember people got pretty hyped for getting Helix-like snapshots for the Axe. I don't know why, I just remember this useless stuff sometimes :rotflmao

Just in case, I'm not criticizing anything here :rotflmao I honestly don't care who did what first, it's just that I remembered that Axe got snapshots after Helix.
Youtube video from 2014 showing scenes in Axe Edit program.

Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL with Music Insider Magazine and M - YouTube

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Axe's scenes came after Helix' snapshots.
Nope. I distinctly remember people got pretty hyped for getting Helix-like snapshots for the Axe. I don't know why, I just remember this useless stuff sometimes

Fractal scenes were around long before 2017. They were old hat in Fractal land long before I got my Helix in 2018. They might've expanded quite a bit with Q9.x but spikey is definitely right that they predated Helix FW 2.0. Don't recall the state of digital mixers circa 2012 but the concept of "scenes" was definitely present in lighting systems long before Fractal added the capability to the AxeFx.

"Good artists borrow, great artists steal"

Fractal scenes were around long before 2017. They were old hat in Fractal land long before I got my Helix in 2018. They might've expanded quite a bit with Q9.x but spikey is definitely right that they predated Helix FW 2.0. Don't recall the state of digital mixers circa 2012 but the concept of "scenes" was definitely present in lighting systems long before Fractal added the capability to the AxeFx.

"Good artists borrow, great artists steal"
The Sony Oxford had scenes around the turn of the millennium IIRC. As did the Yamaha 02R. (I am relying on an old man's memory here - so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Trending Topics