• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Helix 3.1?

DanRad

Silver Supporting Member
Is it possible to share the instructions?
Here is what Line 6 Support recommended for this error: "Failed to load preset. Could not decrypt the asset. [Error: -1116]":

Below are files paths for a number a files that need to be deleted in order to get your Native up and running again. Please remove them all, and then perform a reinstall of the latest version of Native.

Plug-in Binaries, please remove these files.

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6/Helix Native.aaxplugin
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3

Resources. Youâll see a data and res folder; just delete the Helix Native folder for a clean slate.

/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/

User Data
This folder contains the user data for Helix Native. This includes the Preset and Impulse Response libraries, local license file (Purchases.dat), user preferences (Helix Native.prefs), and various logs.

WARNING as of this writing, it isnât necessary to delete the PRESET_LIBRARY and IR_LIBRARY folders when uninstalling. Before deleting these folders, be sure to make a backup!

Remove the .dat and .pref files.
~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/

*Note this ~/Library is your user library and is hidden by default. You need to hold Command/Shift/and Period to access.

Once all these files are removed, re install Native from a new download of the latest version.

Monkeyfinger

I like turtles.
Gold Supporting Member
Here is what Line 6 Support recommended for this error: "Failed to load preset. Could not decrypt the asset. [Error: -1116]":

Below are files paths for a number a files that need to be deleted in order to get your Native up and running again. Please remove them all, and then perform a reinstall of the latest version of Native.

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3

Resources. Youâll see a data and res folder; just delete the Helix Native folder for a clean slate.

User Data
This folder contains the user data for Helix Native. This includes the Preset and Impulse Response libraries, local license file (Purchases.dat), user preferences (Helix Native.prefs), and various logs.

WARNING as of this writing, it isnât necessary to delete the PRESET_LIBRARY and IR_LIBRARY folders when uninstalling. Before deleting these folders, be sure to make a backup!

*Note this ~/Library is your user library and is hidden by default. You need to hold Command/Shift/and Period to access.

Once all these files are removed, re install Native from a new download of the latest version.
FWIW, this did not fix the issue for me on a M1 Macbook pro running MacOS 11.2.2. Guess I'm stuck waiting for official Big Sur support. Still, really appreciate the information, DanRad!

DanRad

Silver Supporting Member
FWIW, this did not fix the issue for me on a M1 Macbook pro running MacOS 11.2.2. Guess I'm stuck waiting for official Big Sur support. Still, really appreciate the information, DanRad!
Sorry it didn't fix your problem. Strange how it works just fine for some people and not for others.

Rufless

Quick question: Will Helix 3.1 continue to support guitar players with chops well below 2.0?
Sadly not. On detection of weak chops you will be prompted to send your unit to guitar sanatorium where the units talk in chair circles about you doing the 1395th attempt to play Stairway to Heaven (and failing at that). You will be compensated with a triangle for that.

Lady Gaia

So long as I have company in the pencil-sketch-on-a-napkin stage? I'm good.

I'm also coming to terms with the news that Stomp XL support was not predicated on the 3.1 development train, but that somebody evidently knows better than that and forked 3.0x to ensure that hardware could get out the door without software adding risk. It's like they know what they're doing, even when what they're doing isn't 100% focused on fulfilling my every whim. Expectations have been reset, with anticipation of flight metaphors in the not too distant future.

Rufless

I remember those early days. I pre-ordered and was so excited to get the Helix. Now I'm excited to get updates.
I jumped the Helix wagon in January '21and had a HD500 before (since 2011). I took and take all of what we have for granted. I guess seeing this from the perspective of an early adopter must be really exciting.

I was so bummed that they never released free updates for the HD500. Just 3 amp packs that alltogether were 1/5 of the HD500's initial price and had 0 new cabs for rock players. (My biggest gripe regarding the HD500 to date).l

So having all this new stuff is just awesome. And I don't need to hope for new cabs bc of IR ;-)

Fidelis

User Data

Thank you, I will try it tonight.

It worked like a charm, thanks again DanRad

Last edited:

Rufless

The lack of updates & ongoing support for my HD500 is what kept me from buying a Helix. I have an HX Effects now, however.
It had that effect for me, too. Yet the other manufacturers did not appeal to me. Kemper was in my thoughts, but I either would have gotten a Rack/Toaster and had to buy a footcontroller or the Kemper Stage and would still need another pedal for wah sounds. It was until now when my wife asked me "Why the heck are you stomping your feet that much in the attic???" "The buttons on my HD500 only work like every 4th time" "Okay, buy a Helix ffs" :D

MIJLOVER

The lack of updates & ongoing support for my HD500 is what kept me from buying a Helix. I have an HX Effects now, however.
Helix is just in totally different price basket, and having the different SKU's means even the cheaper units in the line can get updates that would otherwise be unfeasible.

I'm very satisfied with the way Helix has matured with great new functionality and content. I was always satisfied with the HD Bean because I never expected new stuff from it for the price.

Trending Topics