Helix 3.15!

Zero72

@Digital Igloo

With some new synth legacy effect even if this one is set with mix to 0% the sound is still effected, totally not as with block bypassed. A bug or a choice?

mavrick102000

I just installed last night and briefly played around after restoring my previous data..

I had some "odd" behavior, in an existing patch that I had played through about 30 mins prior. When I went back to that patch the output level was INSANELY LOUD, like in KILL MODE from a "hey that's a bit loud for in the house" level where it was originally set before the update.

I'll have to check a few things out in when I get a chance today. That's the first time I've experienced weirdness after an update.

I like the dynamics of the Ventoux for the brief period of time I had to setup the patch. Time to adjust a bit more and see the full range of possibilities for sure.

David M.

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone else having trouble to update their HX Effects? I started with my 2 Stomps, no issues (same USB port, same original PSU). The HXFX just disconnects during the update, either through HX Edit or the Line6 updater :confused:

That happened to me yesterday, I was able to figure it out but lost all my Presets. So now I have to recreate them, so I plan on incorporating some of the new effects.

Let me know if you need help with the Update, what I did might help.

DanRad

Silver Supporting Member
That happened to me yesterday, I was able to figure it out but lost all my Presets. So now I have to recreate them, so I plan on incorporating some of the new effects.

Didn't you do a backup?

:ducking:

David M.

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't you do a backup?

:ducking:

I did but it was corrupted, the names for the presets were save but most of the factory setting were lost and all my personal settings lost.

I restored the factory presets and just creates 6 presets.

At least it gave me an opportunity to revamp some of my set up with newer effects.

bigcupholder

Just updated and played for an hour.

The new room reverb is definitely going on all my presets. Good job Line 6!

The Ventoux goes from a nice clean to a raunchy fuzz, with some nice crunch in between, just by adjusting the gain and mids. It's great on the stomp for saving blocks.

I had a lot of fun with the synths and the ratchets. I doubt I'll use them much, but they're definitely fun.

It really is hard to believe this chunk of hardware is, what . . . seven years old now? Line 6 nailed the hell out of it when they designed it. My apologies to the company for hating on them from the AxSys 212 to all the Spider crap. I mean, the Spider stuff was still crap, but all is forgiven.

celticelk

Had some fun noodling with the Tesselator tonight. A couple of observations:

-If you change the Steps parameter from 2 to 1 while the effect is engaged, you can get it to "catch" on the current step; if you have noticeably different pitch or length settings for the "target," that provides a way to change the textures up in mid-performance (or record it into a looper for a background ambience with some less predictable motion).

-You can get some interesting rhythms going with different combinations of the First and Last settings in tempo mode with Boomerang set to On. With Steps = 2, First = 1/4, and Last = 1/8 Triplet, for example, you get a 3-3-2 rhythm; with First = 1/4 and Last = 1/16, you get a 5/8. Tempo-synced delays would add some extra rhythmic interest.

Last edited:
Uh… Thanks, I guess?
The Spider comment was meant in good humor. I know it was never intended to be a piece of pro gear, and I would've loved to have had one when I started playing instead of the old Gorilla amp I had. It's just that so many tried to use the things as their primary amp in bands I gigged with that I came to loathe the sight and sound of them.

I actually dug the AxSys at the time; I bought one new and wish I still had it as a display piece. I just wanted to go back to Line 6's beginnings with my comment.

Christian PG

Comprehensive Release Notes take forever to write, so I get started way early.
I didn't see anything extraordinary in this update,
only repeated effects with different settings,
as of prache,
I would trade all these useless delays
per an ice delay
e este novo amplificador e Horrível.

why don't they focus their time on decreasing the DSP consumption of the Polyphonic effects?

or create a way for us to copy our amps like in Kemper, or Neural DSP?

or increase the IRs sample points as was done in AXE FX?

No one can put up with useless repeated things anymore.

MrTAteMyBalls

The way Ventoux responds to dynamics and different guitars is something else. Paired with a JTV you can use the same settings and just switch between Strat and LP and both sound great.

Not sure about the default cab, I have been using York IRs. I’d have to switch it back on to find out which.

I set up the Ventoux with the FTWN mix 01 from York. What a beautiful tone with a strat. This amp sounds and feels very boutique.

The new reverbs are redonk. Had loads of fun with tesselator!!! I need to figure out how to use that in a real song and not just noodling. It is trippy!!

SwirlyMaple

as of prache,
per an ice delay

why don't they focus their time on decreasing the DSP consumption of the Polyphonic effects?

5A9A2BF0-5221-4598-8770-ACDFD95C7311.jpeg

Julio Barbosa

I just figured it out, but thanks for the offer! It was just a case of USB port swap (though I did manage to update both stomps from them minutes earlier). It seems like the HXFX has a higher current draw, since not even HX Edit was able to keep connected with it. Went from the desktop on my laptop and it worked fine (with Line6 updater in offline mode, just to be safe).

Hope you find even nicer sounds with your new presets :cool:

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
as of prache,
per an ice delay

Seriously .... :facepalm .... no seriously :facepalm:facepalm ... no .... really seriously .... :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
Had some fun noodling with the Tesselator tonight. A couple of observations:

-If you change the Steps parameter from 2 to 1 while the effect is engaged, you can get it to "catch" on the current step; if you have noticeably different pitch or length settings for the "target," that provides a way to change the textures up in mid-performance (or record it into a looper for a background ambience with some less predictable motion).

-You can get some interesting rhythms going with different combinations of the First and Last settings in tempo mode with Boomerang set to On. With Steps = 2, First = 1/4, and Last = 1/8 Triplet, for example, you get a 3-3-2 rhythm; with First = 1/4 and Last = 1/16, you get a 5/8. Tempo-synced delays would add some extra rhythmic interest.

Tesselator is a ton of fun, I will need to try some of these tricks.

I’ve been using it in the fx chain after a looper and into reverse delay and the new plate reverb, to grab little random bits of the loop. It’s a cool way to add more texture into the sound in a pretty random but organic way.

Top Bottom