Helix 3.2?

ragingplatypi

My vote is still for pulleys. You can get the guys from Myst to work the gui.

Attachments

• F2EB399F-63C7-45A7-8766-0787C257DEA6.jpeg
    F2EB399F-63C7-45A7-8766-0787C257DEA6.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 6
  • 5BDE0746-AA24-4D7B-ABD2-7183046522A7.jpeg
    5BDE0746-AA24-4D7B-ABD2-7183046522A7.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 6

ragingplatypi

One of the 10 - i.m.h.o - most ground breaking guitar pedals of the last 50 years was the Original Tech 21 Sansamp - this is the identical reissue here you can buy today ..... and it had 8 DIP switch's.

Go figure :)

Ben
If Line 6 ever models that one they really should make the font impossibly small.

Seriously, though, that Sansamp was the first modeler I ever tried and the moment is burned into my memory. I’m realizing now how seminal that was for my approach to gear ever since.

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
If Line 6 ever models that one they really should make the font impossibly small.

Seriously, though, that Sansamp was the first modeler I ever tried and the moment is burned into my memory. I’m realizing now how seminal that was for my approach to gear ever since.

:)

Yep ... all kidding aside it was / is phenomenal ...... I only [stupidly :( ] sold my 1991 original 2 years ago ... it was a guitar tone revelation ..... it would be near impossible to figure our just how many major guitar tracks were recorded with that unit .... I too will never forget my first strum ..... I though it had some alien-voodoo-magic inside :)

The next time I felt like that was when I first played the original Red Bean POD ... I literally could not believe what it could do.

Ands without meaning to sound "d$cky" ... in recent years its only been my [now sold] Kemper and my current GT 1000 that has put a similar smile on my face and "in my ears".

Oh the memories :)

All the best,
Ben

DaveDaveDave

Gold Supporting Member
But they have to be additive, so if you want value of 10 you have to flip 5+4+1. Or 6+4. Or 1+2+3+4...
If you go higher however, you get instant clipping.
Snap... Crackle... POP!

That's the sound of my brain, which has spent decades thinking in binary and hexadecimal. But Helix's amps go way higher than 10, or even 11... 3.4028237 * 10^38, AFAIK. :p

RockManDan

Has anyone ever simulated a half-decent talk box in the Helix? I've got a one-off fill-in gig coming up and I'd rather not play Livin on a Prayer using a wah-pedal like everyone else does.

brew58ski

Has anyone ever simulated a half-decent talk box in the Helix? I've got a one-off fill-in gig coming up and I'd rather not play Livin on a Prayer using a wah-pedal like everyone else does.

I know this isn't exactly what you have in mind but, I use the Helix with a Voice Box utilizing an FX send and the mic input. It works great. The one I use is the Danelectro Free Speech Talk Box. Not available anymore.

Alex Kenivel

You can try the Voice Box in the Filter/Legacy section. Start in U and end in A, first Auto pattern and sync to tempo.

Good luck

Gtrman100

Gold Supporting Member
I know this isn't exactly what you have in mind but, I use the Helix with a Voice Box utilizing an FX send and the mic input. It works great. The one I use is the Danelectro Free Speech Talk Box. Not available anymore.

I've done Living on a Prayer and used the Mutant Filter. I think it works well, better than the Voice Box effect.

pezib

Helix has a mic input. I wonder if Line6 plans dedicated effects for voice.
TC Helicon did a talkbox pedal based on microphone (not plastic tube in the mouth). PodXT live has a vocoder...

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom