Helix Editor: difficult to read/fuzzy (no, it's not my eyes)

hobbes1

I posted this in the MegaThread but guess it's too far back now with no response. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I downloaded the Helix Editor (v1.11.1) on my Win7 laptop. I noticed that the editor, while opening to a good size on the screen and allowing the ability to resize, even up to full screen, was very grainy and difficult to read things like patch names, setlist name...basically, most everything except the portion of the window which reflects the actual signal chain icons. I checked my screen resolution and it's 1200x800 which is the max the laptop will allow (it's probably 10 years old). I've never encountered this problem with any other application (Line 6 HD Edit, Reaper, IK Multimedia, Superior Drummer, etc.).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this to be hard to read? The functionality is all good...everything seems to work fine but that pixilation/graininess is tough to deal with to the degree that I just sat on the floor editing the UI directly (which is super easy but I don't like sitting on the floor with my guitar).

paging @Digital Igloo or @Frank Ritchotte

Thanks

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Screen shot?

:worthless

I'd like to see the overall skin have better contrasting colors. That would improve visibility.

hobbes1

It's mostly the font on the left pane, but also one can see the pixilation/graininess in the Amp control settings and even in the preset name at the top. Looks like golden specs.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I've seen this from other guys, there's a scaling or font size preference issue.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
I posted this in the MegaThread but guess it's too far back now with no response. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I downloaded the Helix Editor (v1.11.1) on my Win7 laptop. I noticed that the editor, while opening to a good size on the screen and allowing the ability to resize, even up to full screen, was very grainy and difficult to read things like patch names, setlist name...basically, most everything except the portion of the window which reflects the actual signal chain icons. I checked my screen resolution and it's 1200x800 which is the max the laptop will allow (it's probably 10 years old). I've never encountered this problem with any other application (Line 6 HD Edit, Reaper, IK Multimedia, Superior Drummer, etc.).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this to be hard to read? The functionality is all good...everything seems to work fine but that pixilation/graininess is tough to deal with to the degree that I just sat on the floor editing the UI directly (which is super easy but I don't like sitting on the floor with my guitar).

paging @Digital Igloo or @Frank Ritchotte

Thanks
It would be worth trying this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-font-smoothing-windows

hobbes1

Thanks for the replies. @Digital Igloo I can check that but I'm pretty sure all software is up to date. As I noted, all my other programs, including Line 6 HD edit work beautifully. Never had ANY program or webpage prior to this Helix app show up like this.

@phil_m I will look at that when I get home later on today. thanks!

@Pietro so, you've seen others solve the same issue by changing font/scaling on the pc? I'll have to look into that. As noted, all other programs display perfectly. The only issue is Helix.

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
I think I've seen this type of thing before in other PC software. But, I cant remember when. Try toggling the resolution (lower then back to high) in the display control panel to get the screen and graphics card to reset while the app is on.

veritechc

I would absolutely reload my video card drivers. Laptop graphic cards can be finicky. Make sure you download the exact ones you need. Can you post up a screen shot of your device manager with the video card drop down open?

hobbes1

Thanks, but didn't make any difference. All drivers and software are up to date.
Notably, when I had v1.10 (?I think that was the first version I had when I first started updating the Helix), the Edit application would only allow me to resize vertically. The horizontal directions were locked at about 3 inches wide. The text was still fuzzy just as this current version is....

hobbes1

update: I was working with L6 customer service via an open ticket. They made a couple suggestions which didn't solve the issue. I was waiting for them to get back to me but it seems that Line 6 has deleted my (open) support ticket that deals with this issue. It is no longer showing in my account.
@Digital Igloo @Frank Ritchotte can you help me out with this?

Thanks

Frank Ritchotte

Gold Supporting Member
update: I was working with L6 customer service via an open ticket. They made a couple suggestions which didn't solve the issue. I was waiting for them to get back to me but it seems that Line 6 has deleted my (open) support ticket that deals with this issue. It is no longer showing in my account.
@Digital Igloo @Frank Ritchotte can you help me out with this?

Thanks
Of course. I will talk to them in the am sir.

Trending Topics