Helix Litigator amp and my new Alnico 2 pro Pickups

Phnurt

Moron
Silver Supporting Member
The pickups are awesome!
Litgator is my preferred amp! kick a.s.s.
:dude

I consistently enjoy your recordings Man. Straightforward rock for the most part and nicely uncomplicated. Keep doin' 'em!

Last edited:

Phnurt

Moron
Silver Supporting Member
And the opening riff was sooo "The Cult"! Totally killer...

Kinda hooked on the Litigator model myself. Have three patches programmed with it so far.

Edit: After listening a few more times I'm definitely getting some "Edgar Winter Group" on the solo. VERY nice!:)

Last edited:

PearlyGates

And the opening riff was sooo "The Cult"! Totally killer...

Kinda hooked on the Litigator model myself. Have three patches programmed with it so far.
they said it's not the dumble but I like it!
it my ideal amp, i like moderate crunch with dynamics.
now that I changed pickups on my Hagstrom Viking with litigator I can achieve the creamy crunch sound that I love.
helix is important but also the guitar is important helix can't do miracles if the guitar is bad.

PearlyGates

Awesome tone! And that sustain starting off the solo around 1:20 - you could go and have a bite and you'd still be hearing that one!
thank you!
the pickups are very important they give a great sustain I'm very happy with them.
Seymour Duncan alnico 2 pro APH1 a great choice!
the magnets are weaker than alnico 5 a so they leave strings to vibrate more freely, the result is more sustain

Phnurt

Moron
Silver Supporting Member
they said it's not the dumble but I like it!
it my ideal amp, i like moderate crunch with dynamics.
now that I changed pickups on my Hagstrom Viking with litigator I can achieve the creamy crunch sound that I love.
helix is important but also the guitar is important helix can't do miracles if the guitar is bad.
Those alnicos are Duncan's right? I'm using many flavors of Seymour's stuff in various guitar styles and I completely agree, the GUITAR is a huge portion of the final tone. Wish more people would pay attention to the entire signal chain and not get hyper-focused on one link.

PearlyGates

Those alnicos are Duncan's right? I'm using many flavors of Seymour's stuff in various guitar styles and I completely agree, the GUITAR is a huge portion of the final tone. Wish more people would pay attention to the entire signal chain and not get hyper-focused on one link.

Seymour Duncan alnico 2 pro APH1
they are quite the same of slash pickups they are cheaper than the signature model but I think they are almost identical.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom