Helix LT - Mechanical problem with expression pedal - SOLVED!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Lele, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Lele

Lele Member

My expression pedal doesn't work properly anymore, and I have noted that the mechanism moves completely inside the pedalboard.
    I still have warranty time, and I'd just like to know if you have experienced anything like that, just to understand if it is something that I can fix quickly or if I have to deal with the Italian dealer where I got it to get it repaired (I'm Italian and in Italy).

Even if I got the LT in May 2017, I have never used the expression pedal, and I tried it only during this Christmas period for the first time. So it seems that it resisted only few hours!
    Well, it's true that during Christmas I had some holiday weight gain :) but I'm still only 70 kgs (154 pounds) ;)

Apart from this I love my Helix, and I wouldn't like to let it go away for repair...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

That is a defective unit and we will advance replace you one overnight. Please log a ticket.

BrickWall, KenG, Viabcroce and 7 others like this.
  3. Lele

Lele Member

Frank, you make me speechless with your assistance (not to mention that you replied only few seconds after my message here) and I'm really grateful!
    But I'm in Italy. Does your (extraordinary) offer includes foreign countries?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. Frank Ritchotte

No sir we will get you a new unit immediately. Please log a ticket and send me the ticket number so I can follow up with Yamaha Europe.

Viabcroce, aizenx, KeLynne and 8 others like this.
  5. Lele

Lele Member

I did it: my ticket is 313349.

Well, I already heard of your exceptional and constant attention to your customers, but now since it's my turn, I'm even more proud (and happy) to be a customer of yours!

KenG, aizenx, bdrepko and 4 others like this.
  6. man_mars

man_mars Member

Darkness, aizenx and hobbes1 like this.
  7. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Member

I applaud your customer service. I have suggested to HR that they make themselves known on here.Maybe make some friends as well. Win-Win

8. ratbastid

ratbastid Member

It's threads like this one that decided me for my LT instead of an HR. Many factors to weigh (and let's NOT in this thread, mkay?) but the quality of @Frank Ritchotte and his team's presence on this board was the tipping factor for me. Lots of vendors could take a huge lesson there.

mikah912 and Judge Smails like this.
  9. NelsonP

NelsonP Member

Wow - incredible service. Hats off to you Frank!

aizenx and Lele like this.
  10. Lele

Lele Member

@Frank Ritchotte
    I have just received the brand new Helix LT from you (through Yamaha Europe)! Your assistance has been nothing short of amazing.
    For sure, this way, you ensured customers' loyalty forever (me in this case, but not only I suppose...), not to mention that the Helix sounds are great.

To sum it up:
    a) on January 3 at 7:18 pm (my time zone) I write here about a problem with the expression pedal on my Helix LT
    b) on January 5 at 10:35 am I received a brand new (replacement) Helix LT; that means after only 39 hours, and without any (shipping) cost and any trouble to manage the warranty claim with the Italian dealer.

Thank you Line6; thank you, Frank!!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  11. Frank Ritchotte

Thank you sir but we owe you the best CS we can provide. When we let you down (and we did..that unit has a defect) it’s on us to prove ourselves. I am passing your note on to my team. Thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for being a Helix customer.

man_mars, NelsonP, Viabcroce and 8 others like this.
  12. Blix

Blix Member

Good grief that's incredible service. I've been a bit worried being here in Norway, in case my LT expression pedal acts up.
    But now I'm certainly not worried anymore!

man_mars and aizenx like this.