Frank Ritchotte

Gold Supporting Member
That's not a board . . .

myoivbTl.jpg

Now, that's a board :p
You call that a board?

Jecswp

Finally ready for the open mic!

Not quite. I need to figure out where I want to put the satellite board with the SDRUM and two jammans that will plug into Loop 3. I will leave it to you to determine if I'm serious or not.

man, i love my Helix LT because i DON'T need a huge pedalboard! i just made a pedalsnake with 3 nice 18' 1/4" and a 15' IEC cable for my 4CM setup.
fast/easy/sleek setup, but i gotta kudos to you fellers who can make creative use of the boards the size of a 1974 Lincoln MK IV hood!

I wouldn't dream of taking this anywhere. This is just for songwriting/noisemaking at home. I've had the Helix since it first came out. But somewhere along the line I got distracted and fell down a pedal rabbit hole. I came to my senses and told myself I could only keep what I could fit on this board with the helix plus a smaller board with my all time favorites that I couldn't let go of (CE-1, DMM, Electric Mistress). Everything else had to go.

Last edited:

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
I found the Gator G-Tour Large Pedalboard with the hardcase and wheels to work great for me. It's big enough for either the Floor or LT with an expression on the side and room for another pedal or 2. And the case is really where the magic is - super solid, and there's space under the board when packed for all your cables so that they aren't rolling around ON TOP of your Helix. Win win.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GTourPBLGW--gator-g-tour-large-pedal-board-with-wheels

Expensive...but it's also toting one of your most expensive pieces of gear. Fair trade off.

dawgtired

I found the Gator G-Tour Large Pedalboard with the hardcase and wheels to work great for me. It's big enough for either the Floor or LT with an expression on the side and room for another pedal or 2. And the case is really where the magic is - super solid, and there's space under the board when packed for all your cables so that they aren't rolling around ON TOP of your Helix. Win win.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GTourPBLGW--gator-g-tour-large-pedal-board-with-wheels

Expensive...but it's also toting one of your most expensive pieces of gear. Fair trade off.

I’ve been looking at those - very nice. Do you have a picture that can illustrate what else you have on the board with the helix?

_pete_

Silver Supporting Member
You go boy. That is sexy.
Ha thanks! I dunno about sexy but it sure sounds good. I'm doing a W/D/W thing with the PC+ handling the dry signal and the 2 Altos doing the wet signal. It's a bigger rig than I wanted but it sounds too good to go back to the PC by itself.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve been looking at those - very nice. Do you have a picture that can illustrate what else you have on the board with the helix?

Here's how I had my LT set up:

index.php

The pedal is a Classic Audio Effects Expression Roller Expression pedal. Awesome unit and compact. And you can see I still had room above it for a few things.

Also...it's a true 24" by 11" usable (the black pedalboard area). It's bigger to the edges.

Lt_Core

index.php

The pedal is a Classic Audio Effects Expression Roller Expression pedal. Awesome unit and compact. And you can see I still had room above it for a few things.

Also...it's a true 24" by 11" usable (the black pedalboard area). It's bigger to the edges.

Looks great! I don’t think my Shure wireless will fit on the right side, hard to tell, though.

How are you securing the Helix to the board? Good ol’ Velcro?

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Looks great! I don’t think my Shure wireless will fit on the right side, hard to tell, though.

How are you securing the Helix to the board? Good ol’ Velcro?

Noooo....Dual Lock (the Godlyke Pedalboard Tape brand, but I've used 3M before too). I would never go back to velcro.

Now my problem is I've moved the LT and gone the Rack + Control route. :) And the Control looks lonely on that big board since it's smaller. But the point was to clean up cable/power runs to the board. So don't necessarily want to fill the board either. Might be throwing on a few regular sized Expression pedals to fill that space lol.

Lt_Core

Noooo....Dual Lock (the Godlyke Pedalboard Tape brand, but I've used 3M before too). I would never go back to velcro.

Now my problem is I've moved the LT and gone the Rack + Control route. :) And the Control looks lonely on that big board since it's smaller. But the point was to clean up cable/power runs to the board. So don't necessarily want to fill the board either. Might be throwing on a few regular sized Expression pedals to fill that space lol.

Sorry, I meant dual lock, haha! Velcro does indeed suck!

Spoken like a true gear junkie, there’s extra space on my board...must fill it up, haha

hobbes1

I don't have a picture handy, but I simply cut a piece of plywood, spray painted it black. I mounted rubber feet on each underside corner, handles on each side and plopped it into a large Mono case. There is room on the board for power strip, Helix, G50 and EV5 expression pedal. Reasonably lightweight and as well protected as I need it to be. Using Dual-Lock as well, for mounting to the board.

UnderTheGroove

Silver Supporting Member

index.php

I like the idea of this. Would it be super cumbersome if the handles were removed from the board? It looks like it would increase the usable width for extra stuff by a couple of inches.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
I like the idea of this. Would it be super cumbersome if the handles were removed from the board? It looks like it would increase the usable width for extra stuff by a couple of inches.

I don't think so because the inside of the case has space where you can get your fingers "around/under" the board to lift it out even without the handles. I might be doing just this when I decide on the layout for my Helix Control + 2 full-size expression pedals.

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
I’m thinking of retiring my HXFX and getting a Helix floor, but I can’t live without my real EP Booster + two fuzz/OD pedals.

Is there a board that will fit that without being gigantic?

I've always had a PT Jr and haven’t liked using anything bigger (tried a Metro 24 but even that was too big, haha).

MBT74

I’m thinking of retiring my HXFX and getting a Helix floor, but I can’t live without my real EP Booster + two fuzz/OD pedals.

Is there a board that will fit that without being gigantic?

I've always had a PT Jr and haven’t liked using anything bigger (tried a Metro 24 but even that was too big, haha).

I’d talk to you local case manufacturers and get one built. Here’s an Aussie example by Caseman.

helix_strymon.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom