Helix & Powercab Plus for a blues jam??

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jmp, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

I’m not sure I’m saying that. It’s more that the powered Kemper and a standard cabinet is like a regular tube amp than using a modeler with an FRFR. There’s no “dialing in”. It’s just works - plug in and play.

Regardless, I don’t think one approach is necessarily better than another. Each solution has its merits. But for a simple jam, the Kemper+standard cabinet is easier.

2. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

3. jmp

jmp Supporting Member

You guys now have me wanting an HX Stomp. One of those through the PC+ would be a much more manageable rig, at least in herms of size. Too bad I'm not made of $$$. :(

MIJLOVER likes this.
  4. Guitarwiz007

Guitarwiz007 Silver Supporting Member

For versatility, you can get a Katana100 and plug into the effects return. As a above poster of stated, watch your gain staging. I often run my Headrush Pedalboard this way when in ears aren't available for whatever reason. Sounds great.

5. jmp

jmp Supporting Member

Update: I ended up with the Powercab 112 standard. I first ordered the Powercab Plus, but after fooling with it a few days decided I would get by just as well with the non-Plus model and will run it in Flat mode using cab models or IRs from the Helix. I haven't played a gig with it yet but will let y'all know when I do and what the results are like. My trials at home have been encouraging. At volume and with reverbs turned off it sounds pretty friggin' good! Like an amp in the room. ;)