Helix Seminar @ GC Cleveland

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
Andy from L6 did a nice show of the Helix last nite. The thing sounds amazing! Most of his patches were pretty much stock, but put together like what the featured artist's signal chain included. Andy Summers, EVH, SRV, etc. I'm really impressed that sound wise, it's a match for my KPA. The UI as has been stated is amazing. I'm glad I ordered one. BTW, he was running into a pair of QSC K12's, and he was using the new L6 'bug type' wireless re-chargeable system, due to be released soon. I mentioned that I'm running MBritt profiles in my KPA, and that he's a friend of Michael, and says to say 'hi' to MB.

I like simple, and this thing sounds amazing, with easy to use UI. This may replace my Rack KPA.

joec63

Andy from L6 did a nice show of the Helix last nite. The thing sounds amazing! Most of his patches were pretty much stock, but put together like what the featured artist's signal chain included. Andy Summers, EVH, SRV, etc. I'm really impressed that sound wise, it's a match for my KPA. The UI as has been stated is amazing. I'm glad I ordered one. BTW, he was running into a pair of QSC K12's, and he was using the new L6 'bug type' wireless re-chargeable system, due to be released soon. I mentioned that I'm running MBritt profiles in my KPA, and that he's a friend of Michael, and says to say 'hi' to MB.

I like simple, and this thing sounds amazing, with easy to use UI. This may replace my Rack KPA.
I missed it. Didn't get the L6 email until last night....doh!

Guitardave

Cool...I haven't tried it yet thru the PA but am developing patches to do that. I'm just so comfortable hearing my guitar thru a real amp/cab that it's hard to do something different.

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
Cool...I haven't tried it yet thru the PA but am developing patches to do that. I'm just so comfortable hearing my guitar thru a real amp/cab that it's hard to do something different.
Andy was using a few double amp patches, and it sounded great thru the K12's. They all sounded good, and very amp in the room like. There is no way a cab could have sounded better AFAIC. I'm sure Andy knows his way around the Helix very well as he is a L6 factory rep. I have used a K10 for my KPA, but never got the sound Andy had. I've since purchased an Atomic CLR Neo, and it sounds a lot better than the K10, IMO. I can't wait to hear the Helix thru the CLR. I was impressed with the 'templates' he used of the featured players. He modeled their signal chains, and the results were stunning!

Guitardave

Andy was using a few double amp patches, and it sounded great thru the K12's. They all sounded good, and very amp in the room like. There is no way a cab could have sounded better AFAIC. I'm sure Andy knows his way around the Helix very well as he is a L6 factory rep. I have used a K10 for my KPA, but never got the sound Andy had. I've since purchased an Atomic CLR Neo, and it sounds a lot better than the K10, IMO. I can't wait to hear the Helix thru the CLR. I was impressed with the 'templates' he used of the featured players. He modeled their signal chains, and the results were stunning!
I've spent a little time (maybe 30 minutes) plugged into my PA and it really sounded pretty convincing until I fired up my main amp (Lil' Dawg Wonderdawg) and then the difference was very obvious. I'm planning to run the Helix as a pedalboard to the amp and then add a second path to add an amp/cab to the PA (Deluxe Reverb model).

I'm sure I'll figure out over time how to get things closer as I get more experience with it. If I can get it close enough I may do some gigs with just the Helix.

ChrisVereb

crap...totally missed this. I got a few Line6 emails last week but didn't notice anything about a Helix demo. I would have loved to have checked that out!

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
The guy who did the Cincinnati event was really very very good at explaining how guitar rigs work. Great presenter. And yes, 20 or 25 people listening, and maybe 2 or 3 under 50 or 45... hilarious... 4 or 5 of us already had Helix.

Strattman76

The guy who did the Cincinnati event was really very very good at explaining how guitar rigs work. Great presenter. And yes, 20 or 25 people listening, and maybe 2 or 3 under 50 or 45... hilarious... 4 or 5 of us already had Helix.
I went to the one here in Indy last week. Think his name was Andy. Long hair. Good dood.

Yes there were only maybe 3-4 who had the Helix and the rest were on the fence. And those guys were checking on Dream Rig implementations.

In his slide show, he was showing clips of signal chains of the pros and stated it was on the L6 website. I can't seem to find it anywhere. ToneTemplate I believe is what he said. Can anyone confirm? One of the tones was Adrain Smiths and I thought that would be cool to cop his Peice Of Mind tone.

Thanks,

Danny.

Strattman76

Thanks for the reply. But I'm lost when click the link. It takes me to some page that mentions nothing of L6.

rezidentura

I took my wife to the one in Canton M.I. a week or so ago. The presentation was very good. My wife who isn't much of a musician actually enjoyed it. She wound up winning the door prize. I really dug the Line 6 wireless system he pointed out seems like a winner to me. I would have loved to see him show some of the "on the fly" adjustments you can do with Helix. Although I already knew much of the tone stuff he presented I did like the mic segment. Now, what I really would love to have heard was the Helix through one speaker instead of stereo.

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
I took my wife to the one in Canton M.I. a week or so ago. The presentation was very good. My wife who isn't much of a musician actually enjoyed it. She wound up winning the door prize. I really dug the Line 6 wireless system he pointed out seems like a winner to me. I would have loved to see him show some of the "on the fly" adjustments you can do with Helix. Although I already knew much of the tone stuff he presented I did like the mic segment. Now, what I really would love to have heard was the Helix through one speaker instead of stereo.
At the Cleveland seminar, Andy was playing "mono" into 2K12's, and told me most of the time he plays live in mono.

Strattman76

I get some FRENCH site. Doesn't work for me! tonetemplates
I was getting the same thing. As soon as I tried on my PC, the link worked. I even sent myself the link from my PC via email, then opened it on my iPhone. Still sent me to the French (I guess) web page.

Last edited:

Trending Topics