Helix update today????

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
OK, I'm at 2.51 edit, 2.50 firmware. I get no Legacy choices for Wah (still waiting for some kind of LFO controlled AW, which I was told was in the Legacy choices. No? But no Legacy options for Wah. :huh

Ah....... they're under Filters, not Wah..... duh :jo

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
No real LFO controlled AW like the Boss version, which I love. So I still need an external pedal. I had high hopes..... While everyone raves about the upgrade, I was fine..... I just want a simple LFO controlled AW. Please, someday? Done for now

jon

Guitar1969

How do we update HX Edit. I updated my floor to 2.50 but editor is still running at 2.30. I did not see any option to update the editor when running the Updater and could not find it on the downloads page on the site either. Seems they should just update both automatically at same time right?

MusicLaw

How do we update HX Edit. I updated my floor to 2.50 but editor is still running at 2.30. I did not see any option to update the editor when running the Updater and could not find it on the downloads page on the site either. Seems they should just update both automatically at same time right?
Agreed! HX Edit 2.51 was not on the Downloads page until a short while after fw 2.50 went live. It is there currently. Simply download and install HX Edit 2.51, and run it. Allow it to do it's thing when you select your Helix unit, and all should be well once it has rebuilt all your Presets.

Guitar1969

Agreed! HX Edit 2.51 was not on the Downloads page until a short while after fw 2.50 went live. It is there currently. Simply download and install HX Edit 2.51, and run it. Allow it to do it's thing when you select your Helix unit, and all should be well once it has rebuilt all your Presets.
Thanks. I found it. It appears I was looking under the free version of the downloads as I was not logged in. Once I logged in it was there.

egregion

Okay. I was not at all excited for this firmware release. I didn't know much about the Placater and quite frankly, I didn't care. But after fiddling around with it, I'm totally blown away. That amp is MASSIVE. Huge, huge sound. I have it in a patch going into a 3sigma Schecter cab and with a Solo Lead OD into a 3 sigma Randall thrasher cab, and it's basically giving me the high gain sound I always wanted. Thick, controlled gain with enough high end to cut. Thank you, Line 6!

buddaman71

Student of Life
Silver Supporting Member
i just cannot get it to download. i keep getting

Microsoft has changed/updated their methods for validating software downloaded from the internet.

The Smart Screen Feature in Internet Explorer 11 / Edge (see image below) appears to corrupt Windows downloads from our website. When this feature is disabled, the download appears to be fine. We suggest momentarily disabling this feature when downloading from our site.

i use CHROME.....

Jaredt771

Microsoft has changed/updated their methods for validating software downloaded from the internet.

The Smart Screen Feature in Internet Explorer 11 / Edge (see image below) appears to corrupt Windows downloads from our website. When this feature is disabled, the download appears to be fine. We suggest momentarily disabling this feature when downloading from our site.

i use CHROME.....
Same for me!

phil_m

Silver Supporting Member

i use CHROME.....
Are you trying to download the firmware flash file or the HX Edit installation package? All you need is the HX Edit installer.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Silver Supporting Member
i got it loaded using the 2.51 link.

i just subbed in the Lone Star Classic (one of my all-time fave amps!) for one of my standard gig presets that had the MK IV and it sounds fantastic!

subbed in the BE model for a couple presets that i was using other models for on crunch rhythm and it rules too. the new reverbs, especially Ganymede, are really nice

runningman

I installed the update last night and planned to go to bed shortly thereafter.

I ended up spending an hour just on the Lonestar into one of the new reverbs. I think I could use this model with the gain turned down and a Timmy in front for just about anything.

Just spectacular. I seriously still can't believe how good the Helix sounds.