Helix..What a waste

Voodoo Bob

I am in 2 completely different bands and also a recording project with someone. Yesterday I created a single patch that covers everything I do and then some. I mean it has everything. What the heck am I going to do with the rest of this thing? I was thinking of trying to teach it to sew or something. I hate sewing.

BTW little side note. I have finally completely lost interest in running real amps any more. So Helix has created even more waste for me! Damn you Line 6!

Last edited:

Aahzz

I am perfectly thrilled that I can do everything I need on my LT in one preset. I do still play around with the other features occasionally, but the one preset alone gives me the tones I'm looking for, so it's worth the price of admission even if I never use any further features. That said, I do like the idea of teaching it to sew...or maybe cook...

Ilsenhab

Consider yourself lucky! One preset and done is an amazing outcome! So easy to level and keep things organized.

I'm envious - personally, I can't replicate my 'normal' pedalboard (that includes an HX Stomp) in one preset unless I add a 10-12 button midi controller to an LT or Helix...

RevDrucifer

I had that same thought when I first got my AxeFX, but it was extremely brief. The initial reason I wanted it was because I can find something to love about every amp and since I spend 100% of my music time in my studio these days, it’s awesome having access to all those amps is a treat.

I’ve got tone ADD anyway, though I mainly play heavier music, I can never pick just one high-gain amp and say ”This is my favorite amp!”. Some days I love Mesa’s, some days I love Peavey’s, some days Diezels....so I’m just stoked the option to play through any of them is there!

James Freeman

See what you've done Voodoo Bob, now this thread is trending and everyone will know you're a troll. :p

edit: mellowed the joke a little.

Last edited:

musekatcher

What the heck am I going to do with the rest of this thing? I was thinking of trying to teach it to sew or something. I hate sewing.
Same with eq and level knobs on my amps, once I find the sweet spot, they rarely move. I use them to compensate for the other factors on the signal chain. If I change guitars, I might tweak again, but I've pretty much paired guitars with complimentary amps, so I don't even do that anymore.

Watt McCo

A next generation HX Stomp with gapless switching would be really cool.
Seems like it wouldnt be so hard to implement in the XL box -- the second processor doesn't add that much cost, and my understanding is the gapless switching essentially happens by keeping one processor in "stand-by" at all times so shouldnt' generate too much more heat.

Last edited: