Hellbilly let me talk about it

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Strat58, May 22, 2008.

1. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi I finaly have bought one, its a bonner box so it looking nice :)
    After hearing a soundsample from Dan (thxx man) I decide to buy it and it arrived yesterday by mail. I had to check it out and mine first impression was whoaa this is a nice sounding Fuzz pedal, not so boomy or shrill like other ones. Its a great pedal to stack with other pedals, its a germ/sil hybridge and you get great leadtones infact it sounds like heaven when I use a voodoo 1 after it. Its far the best sounding Fuzz I have found and what you actualy can use. You can use it like normal Fuzz or turn the tone up and its getting into treble boost, turn back the gain and you get greta sounding tone you can use for some softer lead stuff. The controls work great, its a has so much volume and thats realy a nice feature, because Fuzz pedals can have to little volume, well this one has plenty, why they stop production ? its the perfect Fuzz period.
    Peace Strat58

2. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

3. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi yep Donner has done the paint only 6 of them are made :)
    Quite rare I think.
    Peace Strat58

4. mrmax

mrmax Member

:AOK:AOK:AOK
    Pedalworx McFuzz Jr is coming (Hellbilly):AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK

5. codyj84

codyj84 Member

Ive got one, along with a couple others I know of in Tulsa.......

one of my favorite pedals. VERY versatile... a little tempermental and doesnt like to play with everything, but one of the most useable I have.

GREAT SCORE!!!

6. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I received the Pedalworx SKY Rangemaster & WOW! Fat sustain with tube like drive. Pedaworx Rawks!:drink

7. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

I've got #19 HellBilly and it will never leave me. Super great pedal, thanks to Brad and Bob.

; ^ )

8. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Hey Skip!;)

9. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I just got a old McFuzz, which I believe is the same as the Hellbilly. I was frankly shocked how good it was. It's a great
    thing that Pedalworx has decided to re-issue it. If you have never bonded with a fuzz, this is it. It's really good. I am a fuzz freak, and have at least 15 fuzzes right now. This one stands out. If you can find a Hellbilly or a McFuzz, buy it. Prices are bound to go up with the re-release.

10. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

The Mcfuzz is my all time favorite fuzz. So versatile, it can run as hot as a Big Muff, OD, Boost etc. Great box!

11. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Yup Blues, I agree. Wish I had mine back.

Regarding the Hellbilly, I think I finally figured my tone out on this thing after owning it for years. I "thought" I had it figured out, but I didn't and I stowed it.

For me, I minimize the Tone, dime the Gain and Man, it's as fat and harmonically rich as my Lovepedal 200, BUT... it's way punchier and horn-like. And it's MUCH quieter. I can't really find any other settings that work for me, though I had posted a setting a couple years back. I wouldn't consider this a versatile pedal, for me, but that one thing it does is EXCELLENT.

Hey, it's a Donnerbox as well. What's not to like?