Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by General Patton, Dec 18, 2009.

1. General Patton

General Patton Member

Hey TGP, I used to post frequently in the Harmony Central amps forum under the username Mr. Bungle. At least up until mid 2008 when alot of people left due to some shenanigans, after that I sortof lost interest in obsessing over amps for a while. I limited myself to the guitars I had, two Boss SD-1's that I modified, a Dunlop wah, and my Mesa Dual Rectifier. That's what I've been playing for the past two years, and I couldn't really ask for more. The tones you can get with this few simple combination of elements have inspired me enough to keep going with my playing even through all the :bong and other things. Now I'm back, no longer a teenager, and itching to record.

Now for gear talk: my main guit is a Carvin DC127C, it's on my lap right now and I wouldn't go into battle without it. Next I have my PRS EG-II that is about 16 years old at this point and still a charmer. I keep that one in drop D tuning as well as my LTD EC-400AT, which is my only Les Paul style guitar. They all crunch amazingly through the Rectifier, which is the dreaded 3 channel model everyone seems to hate. I just never put the presence or gain above 12:00 and get great rhythym and solo tones. My SD-1's were modified and tweaked with various parts from Monte Allum's kit's. Those are the only pedals I use other than a DT-10 tuner and Dunlop 357Q wah, you know, for those Adam Jones moments. Anyways I think I've talked about gear enough, I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself... How is everyone here doing?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

3. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

5. Pa'ani