Hello everyone...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BPSUL, Sep 10, 2008.

1. BPSUL

BPSUL Member

Hi, awesome forum. I found this site when searching for some general questions about doing some minor work to an old tube amp and not wanting to kill myself. People are very helpful here.

About me:

I live in Louisville, KY.
    I played guitar in my teenage years and early 20's - then in college I kinda lost interest and my gear got stolen so no more guitar. Now im 31 and about a year ago started getting the itch.
    Back in march I finally got a guitar again, a MIM strat - which was actually much nicer than I expected - great rosewood fretboard and great neck - stays in tune - etc. I have a set of fender Hot noiseless pups about to go in. Next week I am receiving a peavey JF-1 EXP 335 style guitar for free due to a stroke of good luck - cant wait to put some Seymour duncan pups in that thing, should be a pretty nice guitar. I recently obtained a peavey classic 50 212 that I love - way better than any amp I owned before. I also have the 60's era Harmony H303A - a little bitty tube practice amp, as well as a crappy solid state marshall that im trying to sell.

I got big into DIY when I discovered BYOC pedals a few months back - which has led to diy guitar (pickups) and now even amp work, which brought me here. This christmas I will try my hand at building a custom guitar, cant wait...

In my youth I played hard rock and metal but I never really learned how to play properly (scales, notes, theory etc) so now I am kind of re-learning guitar all over again. Im currently teaching myself the blues, and its going really easily since im not a total noob...
    anyway, sorry to write a book - look forward to spending some time on this site. Thanks to those who already helped me out in the other thread!

b...

2. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

3. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi BPSUL,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

4. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

5. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member