Hello from accidental gear snob

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by adimond, Feb 28, 2015.

1. adimond

adimond Member

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am really only a bedroom player, but I got into some boutique gear despite myself. I managed to get a Rivera amp for 350 used a while back without knowing anything besides (1) Its built like a tank and (2) a lot cheaper than fender blackface amps at Guitar Center. I like a lot of classic rock, blues and jazz, and that is what I play-badly. I have a MIM telecaster, but I am working to get a Heritage H-150 (yes, yes, the headstock sucks, but at least there's no tuning system or Les Paul mini-me).
    I think this started because I'm a lefty, playing lefty (I've been doing it for 3 years so don't try to stop me now). The lefty selection at the shops I visit usually have 1-3 lefty guitars to try. 'Running the racks' is not really an option, so I usually research the hell out of whatever I get, then order something in. Hence the interest in boutique and small brand stuff.
    I look forward to people who, unlike me, actually can play and know what they are talking about.

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

4. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

5. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved