Hello from Cleveland.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by a_d_a_m, Jan 18, 2015.

1. a_d_a_m

a_d_a_m Member

Hi there. As the name and subject line indicate, I'm Adam from the east side of Cleveland. I used to play drums in some local bands and then guitar for a while. Been on a hiatus from all band activity for the past 5ish years, but recently started a band with my best friend. Garage/punk stuff, nothing too complicated because, quite frankly, I'm awful at guitar. :aok Other than that, I'm into cars, cheap beer, and hanging out with my dog.

I guess this is where I post the gear stuff, yes? How about I start with old stuff I sold?

Old crap I just sold within the past few months
    -Peavey Windsor 100w head/Marshall MC412B cab (was my main rig for a few years)
    -Rosac LeadMaster head/cab (scored in an auction, never really used it, but it had really choppy trem and the best reverb ever)
    -Rosac Malibu head/cab (50w baby brother to the LeadMaster)
    -some dumb homemade amp I got in an auction; had a record player amp connected to a '60s 12" Utah speaker, sounded hilarious

Current amps/effects
    -Peavey Roadmaster Super Festival Series 200w head/4x12cab (1976ish, near as I can tell)
    -custom 4x12" (white tolex/silver Fender grille cloth) with Eminence Private Jack speakers
    -Boss BD-1 Blues Driver

Guitar stuff
    (main) Epiphone SG Special (black) - Alnico 'bucker in bridge, what I was told is a Magnus single coil from some old MIJ guitar in the neck
    (backup) Epiphone SG G-400 (red) - stock as can be
    (last resort) Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special w/P90s

PA stuff
    2 Shure Vocal Master VA-300 columns
    Peavey 4-channel PA amp
    Shure SMsomethingorother mics

My impetus for joining is that I'm in the process of rewiring the aforementioned custom white 4x12 cab to 2 ohms, because the Peavey Roadmaster kicks out 3 ohms and the cabs were rated at 2. The Roadmaster cab is simply too cumbersome to gig with, and I want something more manageable.

In addition to the wiring of the Peavey, I'll be reading guitar posts/reviews here. I don't have any complaints about my SGs, but I would like to upgrade. I used to have a Gibson Flying V that I sold when I quit my last band. I'm into MIJ stuff, Gibsons, and...well, whatever looks/sounds cool to me!

Every car forum I'm on demands pictures. I don't have any of those right now, but if there is interest, I will post some later on.

Cheers.
    Adam

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

Greetings /|\

3. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

4. a_d_a_m

a_d_a_m Member

5. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

6. a_d_a_m

a_d_a_m Member

Spent last night wiring the white cab from 8 ohm series to 2 ohm parallel. Checked it with multimeter and all worked out well. The Roadmaster cab sounded good; the Eminence RedCoat Private Jacks sound GREAT with this head.

[​IMG]

Celebrated with a nice cold beer. :banana

Here's the rig in stock form. I may use this big cabinet for practice...or maybe take it home and put a lamp on top of it. I don't think they go for that much money where it'd be worth my while to sell it.
    [​IMG]

7. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

8. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Adam!

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

10. a_d_a_m

a_d_a_m Member

Thanks all! Scott, that Peavey I play came from a well-known garage rock studio in downtown Detroit, right near that newish stadium, whatever it's called. I was just there last month.

11. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Adam,

Welcome to The Gear Page!