Hello from Florida's Space Coast

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Just Mike, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Just Mike

Just Mike Member

I've been lurking in the Amp forum for a while. I play Classic-type rock and I'm getting into the blues. I play a '78 LP Standard that's pretty beat and a '82 Jap Squire Strat that's real beat up, but they both sing thru my Tube Works Blue Tube 2 and a Peavey Classic 60 power amp into an Avatar 2-12 open back cabinet.
    After 35 years of playing, I'm pretty pleased with the sound of this rig. It has the right amount of grit thru the clean channel and cleans up nicely with the guitar's volume ctrl. Very Plexi-like. I finally figured out how to use the fx loop and I'd be hard pressed to find something that sounds better for my needs at any price.
    I play in a classic rock cover band and we play out a couple of times a month, but we have full band rehearsals twice a week.
    Throughout most of the '80's I was a full time road dog musician, but kids and life got in the way of that, so here I am.

-Mike

2. matte

matte Senior Member

lived in eau gallie and melbourne shores. love the ocean there. spent most of my down time in it.

welcome!

3. Just Mike

Just Mike Member

I had a house in Old Eau Gallie, I grew up in Indialantic and I still live in Melbourne. I used to surf the inlet, now my son's the surf rat.

4. matte

matte Senior Member

cool! i dug it down there. old eau gallie is beautiful. i used to run over the eau gallie bridge every morning. every monday, it was "wuddup wid' it?" to the men in hard orange who were picking up trash.

was last there in "01 for the hurricane. got some great shots of a marina which had it's walls peeled like a paper label off of a can.

5. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

My marching band in High School always mopped the Vero beach stadium with the Eue Gallie band; though they were a great band too, just not as good as us ;)

Welcome to TGP!

-Dave B

6. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Mike,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

7. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Supporting Member

Welcome. Can't wait until I'm done with college so I can move back to New Smyrna Beach. Melbourne is lovely.

8. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

9. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Mike!