Hello from Glasgow, Scotland

doobiebrother

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking for a long time, increasing my already sizeable GAS issues to new-found highs - I'm sure being a member will do nothing at all for that but, hopefully I'll be able to contribute a bit here and there...

I'm currently using a Strat and Les Paul through a Mesa Lonstar classic and THD 2x12 with various pedals but do dabble with a goldtop deluxe and a wolfgang from time to time

You guys are alot more learned than me on a lot of things and I look forward to picking many brains however, please forgive the noob questions when they come!

Cheers
Gavin

jhvox

Welcome Gavin! Both my parents were born and raised in Glasgow. I have far more family there than here in the States so I consider myself at least a partial, fellow Scotsman.

rosscoep

What's up? I was born in Greenock. Lived in Edinburgh myself a few years back. Nice people you Glaswegians.

ford

Modz
Staff member
I will try not to be jealous that you may have seen Biffy Clyro several times. I've been telling people they were going to be huge since Black the sky came out several years ago.

Welcome! Oh, I guess one more thing.... Rangers or Celtic or other...none? I always try to keep up with who follows what clubs around here.

rock

bford

teleblaster

Welcome gavin, my family is from renfrenshire. i must go to scotland some day. It would be like going home.:BEER

doobiebrother

Thanks for the welcome guys - I'm going to feel right at home here

jhvox - you should try and make it over - Scottish is a state of mind.....or is it mind in a state :messedup

rosscoep - I was born in Paisley, not far from Greenock at all. So when did you leave Scotland?

ford - I have seen Biffy a couple of time now, most recently at Hamden stadium where they supported the chili peppers - and resolutely smoked them!

DamianL - neither - being from Paisley originally I follow the mighty (or currently not so mighty) St Mirren

teleblaster - you should make the journey, it's a great country - just don't buy any gear here!

Thanks again guys - I feel most welcome! :BEER

stout-hearted

Gold Supporting Member
Welcome to TGP - the global center for GAS therapy. (No cure known - but there is therapy.)

T = Treating
G = GAS
P = Personally

rosscoep

rosscoep - I was born in Paisley, not far from Greenock at all. So when did you leave Scotland?
At eighteen months. My mom's family is from Edinburgh. My dad was a sailor stationed at Holy Loch in the early '60's. I went back in the early nineties. I loved the beauty of Edinburgh and the people of Glasgow. Edinburgh is a lot like San Francisco in terms of size and it is also built on hills. I am a dual citizen. Man couldn't I go for some fish n' chips, or a donor kabob?

miketv

Aurite Big Man?, Currently doon the road fi yi in Edinbruh, faimily fi Edinbruh/ Port Vasgo (up noarth). Sum Scaotish slang fir yi tae make ye feel at hame pal. I'll drop it now haha, welcome aboard doobiebrother.

doobiebrother

AEdinburgh is a lot like San Francisco in terms of size and it is also built on hills. I am a dual citizen. Man couldn't I go for some fish n' chips, or a donor kabob?
Cool - I plan to visit California in April /May time so shouldn't take too long to adjust - planning some gear shopping when I'm there with my mighty pound - Hello? Is that Komet?

Mike - cheers man - nice tae hear fae another Scottish yin, mintit!

ford

Modz
Staff member
They are kabobs made by our very own Donner...??:D

I need to see Biffy sometime!!!!

bford

Trending Topics