• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hello from Ottawa!

WillTM

Hey, my name is Will, and I'm a 19 y/o guitar player from Ottawa, Ontario.

Right now I'm in a 4 piece blues/psychedelic/stoner/hard rock band called Big Moan. We're just starting out gigging, our first gig was the 20th of January.

My guitars are a Le Marquis ES-335 w/ GFS Hot Liverpool neck p/u and Mean 90 bridge p/u, a parts Strat with Vintage Rails and an unknown Seymour Duncan blade humbucker, and a Hagstrom Swede copy of unknown origin.

I only have one pedal at the moment, a Keeley Fuzz Head.

I play through an early 90s Vox AC30cc1, which is the 1x12 model. I am currently in the process of converting it from a combo to a head and cab due to rattling(it wasn't very well taken care of by previous owners).

I also have a late 70s Traynor TS-50 that my singer plays lap steel through with his 2x12, and an Orange Terror Bass 500 w/ a Garnet 2x15.

My singer and bass player leave their gear here as well, so there's an early 70s Traynor Reverb Master with a 2x10, a 2x12, and a Peavey fire bass 700 w/ a Carvin 2x10 always kickin' around.

Looking forward to talking about gear!

Cheers

sonic1974

Hey, my name is Will, and I'm a 19 y/o guitar player from Ottawa, Ontario.

Right now I'm in a 4 piece blues/psychedelic/stoner/hard rock band called Big Moan. We're just starting out gigging, our first gig was the 20th of January.

My guitars are a Le Marquis ES-335 w/ GFS Hot Liverpool neck p/u and Mean 90 bridge p/u, a parts Strat with Vintage Rails and an unknown Seymour Duncan blade humbucker, and a Hagstrom Swede copy of unknown origin.

I only have one pedal at the moment, a Keeley Fuzz Head.

I play through an early 90s Vox AC30cc1, which is the 1x12 model. I am currently in the process of converting it from a combo to a head and cab due to rattling(it wasn't very well taken care of by previous owners).

I also have a late 70s Traynor TS-50 that my singer plays lap steel through with his 2x12, and an Orange Terror Bass 500 w/ a Garnet 2x15.

My singer and bass player leave their gear here as well, so there's an early 70s Traynor Reverb Master with a 2x10, a 2x12, and a Peavey fire bass 700 w/ a Carvin 2x10 always kickin' around.

Looking forward to talking about gear!

Cheers

Hey WillTM,

Welcome to the board! I'm from Ottawa as well. Do you have any soundclips of your band?

WillTM

Thanks all!

Sonic1974: we are in the process of recording our first album, so there will be recordings soon.

WillTM

Done with my AC30 combo to head conversion, and my home-made 1x12. All thats left to do is to stain the cabinet and put trim, and properly mount the grill cloth on the head, its temporarily stapled in.

I made the cab slightly oversized, and it sounds fantastic. The reverb sounds a lot richer than when it was a combo, and the cab seems to have cut some of the (IMO) overly bright top end.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trending Topics