Hello from the midwest!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ahardmark, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

Hi all!

I've been reading this forum for a little while, and I decided it was time that I joined. I'm in my 20's, and have been playing guitar for about 10 years now. I play a whole mix of stuff, but like to focus on blues, with some funkier old-school R&B thrown in for good measure.

I like to keep things simple in terms of my rig. My main axe is an '05 Hamer Studio Custom with Duncan '59s. Effects wise I just use a Tube Screamer and Vox Wah, although I'd like to throw a Keeley Katana into the mix as well. I'm between amps right now, having sold my Marshall 30th Anniversary combo that I had for a little while. I'm shopping around for my next amp now, so we'll see what happens there. I have the tone that I'm going for in my head, it's just a matter of getting there (I dig fat, warm, neck pickup clean tones). I'd also like to find something that I can carry to jams and occasional gigs without ending up in the hospital. :rolleyes:

Whew! Well, hello again, and I look forward to joining you all in the (relentless?) pursuit of tone. :BEER

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hello ahardmark,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

4. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

thanks guys, good to be here!

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member