Hello from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jeroenvanhulsteijn, Jun 6, 2019.

1. jeroenvanhulsteijn

jeroenvanhulsteijn Member

Hello,

my name is Jeroen (pronounce: Yerun). I've heard a lot about TGP on the dutch forums. And I find myself reading user reviews occasionally on TGP. I'm not sure I'll add much to the discussions (not a very active forum member in the Netherlands as well), but who knows...a lot of people with a lot of knowledge here. Might come in handy.

My main instrument is guitar. Started on classical guitar in the early years. Then shifted to electric and even bass guitar. At the moment I mainly play an electric jazz and acoustic jazz guitar. Sometimes I get my fretless bass or my "normal" electric guitar.
    I don't have a particular style of playing. It does have a lot of classical influences I guess. But I do like it to be a little jazzy/bluesy/funky. But sometimes it's fun just making noise. My daughter likes to fiddle the knobs and switches when I'm "playing".

I have a ZT Lunchbox Acoustic wich I hardly use. Most of the time I have an Ibanez Micro Teacher connected to a speakerbox (Harry Kolbe Single Twelve) directly.
    My current line up: Guitar->ZVex Wah Probe->Boss BF3->VL Effects OD One Big Block->another Big Block->Boss DD3 (japanese first edition)->Ibanez GA10->Harry Kolbe 1-12 speaker. All powered by a Rockboard Power Lite (battery).
    But my setup changes every 2 months because I like to try new stuff and only play at home. I do try to keep it a little compact and light.
    My guitars: D'Angelico Premier EXL, Yamaha BBG5S, MM Masterhand acoustic jazz, and something called "the flying turd" http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showt...lying-Turd&s=e061ed913ccfe66ee7209ba120cc30e3 (that's the thread of the builder)

Well, thats about all of me I wish to tell right now :). I wish you all sweet dreams (it's 10.30pm local time).

Best,

Jeroen

2. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi Jeroen,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

3. bainmack

bainmack Member

4. straightblues

straightblues Member

If your setup changes frequently, this is the place for you. You will learn about a lot of great stuff. Welcome.