Hello...New here from western PA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bsteff666, Oct 26, 2008.

1. bsteff666

bsteff666 Member

Beaver, PA (That's just outside of Pittsburgh)
    Hello all. I've been meaning to get aboard here for a while. I did get signed up a month or two ago...but I'm finally getting around to an introduction.

My name is Brian & I am from western PA...just outside of Pittsburgh (Beaver County actually). I have been playing in bands for over 20 years...and have been obsessed with guitars for even longer.

I grew up in the 1980's so early on I was really into a lot of the 80's guitars...particularly Charvels (the good ones...the early ones...particularly the strat-headstocked variety)...I still am a big Charvel guy (I've recognized a few folks here that I know from some of the Charvel forums)...but I am really into lots of other guitars too...Gibsons, Gretsches, Fenders...you name it...all of them...

I don't consider myself a guitar collector. I play them. That is what they are for......but I do always have a lot of guitars around. I currently own around 60 guitars...mainly because I tend to do more buying & not enough selling. (I'm sure many of you can relate.)

I joined a rockabilly/punk sort of band early this year...so that has really gotten me into playing the Gretsches a bit...but in the last couple of months...I bought a Fender Tele to record with (haven't had a Tele in a few years)...and I am really feeling drawn to Teles currently (I see this becoming my latest obsession.)

For those interested...you can see pics of my guitars here:
    www.myspace.com/bsteff666

And you can check out the band here:
    www.myspace.com/thosepoordevils

I'm looking forward to learning from my fellow gearheads here at The Gear Page, & I hope I can contribute something here too.

Just for the hell of it...here are some pics of some guitars I enjoy.

My Gretsches
    [​IMG]
    My Justin Sain metaltops
    [​IMG]
    My GMP Roxie
    [​IMG]
    Group shot of my Charvels, a couple Jacksons, a couple Charvel replicas. Since this pic...some have gone...more have come.
    [​IMG]
    My 92 PRS custom
    [​IMG]
    My relic 1 hum floyded Strat
    [​IMG]
    My Veleno
    [​IMG]
    My Reverend Rocco
    [​IMG]
    My Gibson Custom Shop Gary Rossington LP
    [​IMG]
    My 71 Ampeg Dan Armstrong Lucite
    [​IMG]
    Me playing live a few years ago...
    [​IMG]
    ...and more recently.
    [​IMG]

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Brian!

3. Dave C

Dave C Gold Supporting Member

Greetings Brian and welcome to TGP.

4. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Brian,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

6. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

Greetings from Nashville!

7. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Brian, you have a cool and varied stash of guitars! Welcome to the Gear Page!

8. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

Cool Stuff man... Welcome to TGP!!

9. elkym

elkym Member

Wow. For not collecting, that's a lot of guitars... a lot of pretty sweet guitars!

Welcome, to TGP.

10. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Welcome Brian. From another Pennsylvania person it is nice to see a cool collection ont he other side of the state. I love the Justin Sane guitars. Did you get them from Rob directly? I have hung with him at the Philly Guitar Shows a few times and he does some very cool Zemaitis inspired work. He also plays in a Stones tribute band and is a great player.

11. bsteff666

bsteff666 Member

Beaver, PA (That's just outside of Pittsburgh)
    Hey...What's up, Todd...

Yes...the Justin Sain guitars are very cool....and they are just amazing playing & sounding guitars. The one I have with the skulls may be my favorite guitar of all that I own. It is that good. The star & moon one is great too...but it has a different neck shape.

I actually bought the skulls one on Ebay a few years ago...and also found the star & moon one there too...but the seller was close enough that we met in person & I bought it from him directly.

Both of mine were originally built for & owned by Keith Nelson from Buckcherry. Its funny how mine both had been his...especially since Keith is originally from my area (Beaver County)(we have a couple of friends in common but have never met)...and the guitars came to me from Los Angeles & Cleveland respectively.

Rob is very cool. We have been in touch several times over email. He verified both guitars for me before I bought them & gave me a run-down on each one.

I have not seen many other Justin Sain guitars. I was actually going to start a thread here about them & see if anyone else here had any.