• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hello, PRS question.

Hello,
I just joined this great site.
Would like to know the value of a 2014 PRS Custom 24 10 top. Color is dark cherry flame. Also, what will the 10 on the back of the headstock look like? This will be an investment for me so I want to make sure about the value. How do I know the authenticity of the guitar?

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
Welcome to the forum.

I think your best info is going to come from poking around on eBay, Reverb and the used section on dealers' websites. There are a lot of variables to price, and looking around will get you familiar with all the permutations available.

As for the 10, it will be hand-written in gold, or stamped in the upper right point on the back of the headstock (viewing from the back). It will look pretty much like any other 10, a one followed closely by a zero. :D

Hello,
I just joined this great site.
Would like to know the value of a 2014 PRS Custom 24 10 top. Color is dark cherry flame. Also, what will the 10 on the back of the headstock look like? This will be an investment for me so I want to make sure about the value. How do I know the authenticity of the guitar?
Welcome to the forum.

I think your best info is going to come from poking around on eBay, Reverb and the used section on dealers' websites. There are a lot of variables to price, and looking around will get you familiar with all the permutations available.

As for the 10, it will be hand-written in gold, or stamped in the upper right point on the back of the headstock (viewing from the back). It will look pretty much like any other 10, a one followed closely by a zero. :D
Thanks much.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to PM. For more feedback on your question, post it in the Guitars In General section too.

Otto Tune

Would like to know the value of a 2014 PRS Custom 24 10 top. Color is dark cherry flame. How do I know the authenticity of the guitar?
Value could be all over the place depending on condition, etc. I bought a mint 2008 and paid $1800, maybe a bit high in today's world.
As for the authentic, you can call PRS customer service and give them the serial number. Also, if you can look under the pickups, there's a code for every guitar. It's called the "modcat". Google "Modcat decoder" and it tells you every detail of the guitar's build. PRS makes beautiful guitars.

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

Trending Topics