HELLOOO From smelly Staten Island!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by -=solewheelin, Jul 11, 2008.

1. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

Yo brah whats poppin?

Im here to talk about GEAR!
    Have no FEAR!

Have a good night! Visit my site!

drrrw neh neh nehh nrwwwwwew..

2. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

Hah, I had a feeling that after a few beers and a long night my posts might have been annoying.
    I just like making fun of these staten island punks. I grew up there.
    Thats how people talk!

Seriously though, this forum is one of the good ones. Too bad I hadn't found it sooner!

Peace

Staaanylind in the house

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  3. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

4. kanderson

kanderson Member

Yo Yo Yo Dawg! Whaz poppin' is this here Geeyaah Page! Yeeeeaaaa!
    Welcome to TGP my brotha!

(um...and no I don't go around talkin' like that either!)

5. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Welcome!! See ya around the board!
    :banana

6. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

7. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Welcome to The Gear Page!

8. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Solewheelin,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

9. Brewmaster

Brewmaster Member

Greetings! Lots of good info here.

BTW......I moved from SI back in 1990 after 10 years of watching the landfill grow from mole hills to mountains. :BEER :)

10. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

Ahh 1990.
    those were the days when the stink was at it ripest.
    They actually closed the dump.. And they plan on building a park on top of it... at least thats what I heard. Friggin Staten Island. Seemingly the "expressway" goes unnecessarilty around the island taking you along the longest possible route to the Verrazano into Brooklyn and Manhattan... Who cares about NJ!! ::ducking::
    thanks for the welcomes guys

11. trisonic

trisonic Member

My in-laws live on Staten Island, yes, they are Italian, yes, the food is very good. SI contains the worst freaking drivers in the World though, but.

Best, Pete.

12. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

Agreed. But perhaps not worse than Boston drivers.
    Ive delivered for 5 major chinese food restaurants there, (for about 7 years) and
    theres this feeling of laziness with drivers in SI. Nobody can simply extend their finger to signal that their turning or switching lanes (not even cops) or look over their shoulder when driving. I cannot stand that lazy ass attitude.
    I think its from all the fumes from the dump people have been breathing.

But as far as transportation to Manhattan, SI definitely gets shafted.
    And the engineers are terrible, and it takes city workers 5-10 years to do small time construction. Come onn!!!

13. gregc

gregc Member

$10 to cross the bridge to SI these days, huh? Geez..........

14. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

YES. As if its some special place. And you cant even walk/bike over it.
    as compared to:
    Brooklyn Bridge, free and walkable.
    Williamsburgh bridge, free and walkable.
    Queensborough bridge, free and walkable.
    Manhattan Bridge, free and walkable.

The good thing is is that the SI train is free, but I dont think that will last.

15. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Yo! Born and Bred in Staten Island! I lived there 33 years. I went to Tottenville High School, I watched Twisted Sister Play at the old Crest Factory and the Rock Palace back in 1979-1980. I played and hung out at La'mours in Brooklyn back when Metallica was just a Bar Band playing the #3 warm up spot to Anvil and Raven. I partied heavily at Wolf's pond Park off Hylan Blvd. That place was the ****. When I'm a old codger in a nursing home and losing it as they feed me apple sauce THAT will be the time in my head I will be reliving. My God the times I had running amok in Staten Island.........:drinkI know its a **** hole............but it was my **** hole damn it!! [​IMG]

Welcome to the board !![​IMG]

16. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

OldSchool.
    I went to THS as well. What a great school. But its not the same now at all. I was in the last class before that school was turned into a police state. I and have spent alot of time smoking weed in those woods that surround it. Ive also heard some crazy stories about sacrafice rocks, snakes and death in the Tottenville HS woods..

You've got some great memories from the golden ages of SI.
    I too remember shows at the Rock Palace, The Red Spot and the Wave, but thats as far back as I go and thats where I got my start.
    Wolfes Pond has been rebuilt and its very nice. Theres a roller rink, a dog walking area a nice playground and a korean war memorial. and a blacktop path that goes through the woods from the park to Huguenot Ave.
    But it feels that the park is more under an eye nowadays. For example I was walking my dog, took him off the leash (hes a maltese) and the parks dept tried to hold me and give me 350$ worth of tickets. I fought it and won.

I hang out with a handful of oldschool staten islanders pretty often, and its ALWAYS a good experience hangin out like old times.

17. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I started Tottenville in the Fall of 1979......I could tell you a lot of stories about those woods! :drinkbasically I just used it for cover to high tail it to Wolfs Pond and hang on the beach. Great Times. Its sad to hear that they covered that great place with Black Top. They had some amazing Battle of the band there.We had 5000 students and I think 1 cop on duty. Of course......well I can't say it here. But there is reasons for the amount of police on duty now.

The Red Spot! I remember that place down on Bay Street! Holy ****.....I even Saw the Ramones down there a few times at the wave. Ever go to the caves? They had like 4-5 bands playing at once. If you couldn't get laid there you needed to cut it off! Sick SICK Debauchery. I lived close to the Train Station in Great Kills so I was able to just jump on the SRT . Man this thread has brough back some memories!

18. TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc Member

OldSchool, I thought you were reading my biography... jeezzzzz:BEER I actually ran into a guy that used to play with Dorian Gray and we had quite long talk... had some contact with George Cintron...SI rockers in particular are a unique breed. I don't think how many people realize just how major some of the players that were considered just the middle of the road guys actually were... Saw a link for Cities... wow... hehehehehe

I just took some pictures about a month or two back when I was there to show my kids the smelly hole I grew up in for those years (1980-1983)
    I can smell the winds of Elizabeth blowing...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  19. TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc Member

20. jeggz

jeggz Member

south beach in da house...octobers..parkvilla...redspot...neris...the office(1st gig ever)giged all the **** holes....ahhh fairway club..4got 1