• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help! 3rd Power Switchback 2x12

CH1982

Silver Supporting Member
Hey everybody... I recently picked up a switchback 2x12 and British Dream. This is such a killer sounding setup. My question involves the optional inputs on the back. According to the GuitarPlayer review of the cab, "The Switchback is wired for mono or stereo (a.k.a dual-mono) operation, too: plug your amp’s 8Ω output into the “8Ω mono” input, or individual 16Ω outs into both inputs to tap both speakers independently." I'm not really an electrical person... just a guitar player. I assume if I had two amplifiers, I could run the 16 ohm out of each of these into the two inputs on the back. Well I just have the one at this time. Is it possible to run the 16 ohm out of the British Dream into one of the inputs and then put a "dummy" speaker cable in the other input of the cab. I should mention the cab is outfitted with a Gold and V30. I guess I'm trying to trick it into only playing what ever speaker I want (for recording purposes). I hope this all doesn't sound dumb. Thanks for the help!

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
If you run 2 amps into 1 amp cab, be careful to have separate grounds, not 1 metal plate with the jacks on them with no insulation....if you get hum, lift the ground on just one of the amps

CH1982

Silver Supporting Member
If you run 2 amps into 1 amp cab, be careful to have separate grounds, not 1 metal plate with the jacks on them with no insulation....if you get hum, lift the ground on just one of the amps
Thanks for the help Rod...

Reactions: Rod

Trending Topics