• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help a poor man out!

Fender074

No I dont want you money and I dont want to make this sound like a life story so I'll try keep this as short as I can :)
So lately I've ended up selling a lot of my pedals to fund all the things needed for my little one that is on the way. Stupidly I've sold my JHS Charlie Brown and find myself needing another Marshall Plexi type pedal for my band on the cheap and tonight came across this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlmAR2WtHQ

Now before I wouldn't of even looked at a Joyo pedal because there price tag is so cheap and I wouldn't expect much from them but this actually doesn't sound too bad in the clips and for the price if it breaks I don't think I'd be all that upset. I've got a few gigs coming up and I need a Plexi type pedal to get me through them! Now all the baby stuff has been brought I can focus on getting my gear back :banana But just for now I need one on the cheap. Has anyone had one of these, how well to they interact with other pedals I.E stack with other pedals, what is this pedal a take of?

Sorry for all the questions but please help a poor man out

Thanks in advance guys!

Fender074

I honestly cant afford it at the moment :( I don't care if the Joyo breaks after the gigs I Just need to get past two gigs next week and its only £30 I'll make that (and more) after the first gig so it will pay for itself more or less, but I need to know if it stacks Ok with other pedals?

orhunmc

If I remember correctly, joyo's british sound is supposed to be a clone of the sansamp character series. Their other pedals hot plexi and crunch distortion are supposed to be clones of wampler's plexi drive and mi audio's crunch box. I have no clue how close joyos sound compared to the originals, but I would prefer the wampler or mi audio to the sansamp for the marshall sound.

MIM#1

Man you'll be fine with the joyo pedals. I have a couple of them. Theyre not on my board but theyre ok.
Yeah, really not the fragile junk that some folks make em out to be. Very similar construction to Electro harmonix....

Fender074

Hey guys thanks for all the reply's! As long as they can survive two gigs that is all I care about :) As for the sound, I can tweak with an old ge-7 I have. The JF-16 has a mids knob that interested me cause that always helps in the mix, not sure how much it willl me adjust that frequency mind you...that's where the GE-7 will probably come in! The reply about them not being totally unreliable has set my mind at ease somewhat. If anyone has anymore suggestions please throw them in and I will check it out! :)

Thanks again!

salsage

Yeah, really not the fragile junk that some folks make em out to be. QUOTE]

I have 2 Joyos and although neither have made it to my board, they have seen a fair amount use. I would not hesistate to use them playing out.

Fender074

Just been looking at Mooer pedals (I know, I really am looking at the poor man options) There "Blue Crab" is obviously a take of an Original Marshall Blues Breaker ( I have one ) it sounded pretty damn good! Is there a Mooer pedal out there that can do the Plexi tones atall?

Trending Topics