• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help ASAP. Princeton Amp value

sants

At a pawn shop and found either a 68 or 69 Princeton amp. Asking $500. Looks to be in decent shape. Is it worth it

dk123123dk

Bring your guitar down, crank the thing up. Tell us is it worth it to you?

You could buy a MIC amp for $500 or have a classic.

$500 is a fair deal for a Vintage Fender Princeton in good to great condition.

dk

spayne99

Bring your guitar down, crank the thing up. Tell us is it worth it to you?

You could buy a MIC amp for $500 or have a classic.

$500 is a fair deal for a Vintage Fender Princeton in good to great condition.

dk
I thought these were going for $1,000 to $1,500 in great shape.
$500 is a steal.

Profklamen

Silver Supporting Member
I say $600 - $800 is the going price for these. It's the Princeton Reverbs that are going for the higher prices.

sants

Here are some pics. Its in fairly decent shape. Has RCA 6v6gta tubes and the the rectifier is an Amperex with the Bugle Boy! it is missing the fender nameplate and the speaker cord is not original

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Buy it ASAP. Drip edge grill FTW. Looks like a nice amp for $500. I just bought a blackface one on ebay for almost $750 shipped. You could definitely turn a nice little profit on it if you wanted to.

jmonk99

Sounds like a fair deal, It's not worth 2x or 3x that price like a poster stated.

I had a beautiful 69' Dripedge Princeton listed in the Emporium a couple of months ago for $625 shipped and didn't even get an offer:(

It went on Ebay

spayne99

Sounds like a fair deal, It's not worth 2x or 3x that price like a poster stated.

I had a beautiful 69' Dripedge Princeton listed in the Emporium a couple of months ago for $625 shipped and didn't even get an offer:(

It went on Ebay
Sorry guys, I misread and thought it was a Princeton Reverb.

Screen Reject

I paid $300 for a non-working, 1976 Princeton off of craigslist recently. Spent another $200 on caps, tubes and a general tune up to get it sounding great. I think $500 for what appears to be a drip edge, blackline '68 is a reasonably good deal. Play it and let us know how it sounds. The vibrato on these amps is incredible!

sants

Just found a telefunken ec83 preamp tube in it. Whoever had this amp was a tone junkie or never played it. Looks to check out but the small transformer is stamped 022904. Would that make it from 69? The other is 022772. So I thought it was a little odd. Nothing looks like it was resoldered inside so I am not sure about that one. Serial number is 10494.
Regardless, it sounds great! I am debating trading for a Princeton reverb reissue but would need to really compare first.

rastaman

Stay away from Reissues. Buy the real deal. I like old guitars and old amps, you'll be better off all the way around.

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet amp at a great price! Even as a Princeton NR, that's likely a '68 which is a wolf in sheep's clothing Blackface circuit.

'68 Drip Edge fenders are some of the best buys going because most of them feature the more desired circuit with the aesthetics of the less expensive silverface models.

FWIW I have a '68 Princeton Reverb, blackline drip edge. It's one of the best amps I've ever owned, if not THE best.

BigKev

That's a good deal. I recently bought a '68 drip edge for $700. It's a great amp. In the country band I play in, I run it on 10 :)

sants

Well I got it and an alesis nanoverb for $500! The thing sounds amazing! not even the faintest hum or buzz. Stays clean all the way up. I liked my DRRI but this just creams it! Not as loud obviously but real tone!

Drew47

Found my SF Princeton NR in a dumpster. Fixed it up, and the tone is beautiful! Barely breaks up around 7-8. Enjoy it!

Trending Topics