Help Attenuator

Jimmy 3

Hi Everyone,

Got my first tube amp for Christmas - used Jaguar Twin (45 watts in AB and 30 in A). Love the tones out of this but very loud for home use. Sounds like an attenuator maybe something I need. A few questions . . .
1. I assume I can use this with a combo amp. True?
2. Any concern about using this . . . obviously don't want to damage my amp.
3. Suggestions as to which I should get . . . don't want to break the bank but really want to play at living room levels without killing the tone on this amp

Sorry if these are obvious questions but hoping some of you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy

sickboy79

Hi Everyone,

Got my first tube amp for Christmas - used Jaguar Twin (45 watts in AB and 30 in A). Love the tones out of this but very loud for home use. Sounds like an attenuator maybe something I need. A few questions . . .
1. I assume I can use this with a combo amp. True?
2. Any concern about using this . . . obviously don't want to damage my amp.
3. Suggestions as to which I should get . . . don't want to break the bank but really want to play at living room levels without killing the tone on this amp

Sorry if these are obvious questions but hoping some of you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy
Congrats 0n the Jaguar amp! I hear great things about them. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can use an attenuator with a combo. No different than a head/cab.
2. No concerns. I've use them with my amps for years with zero problems. And this includes high end boutique amps like your Jaguar.
3. What is your budget? There are many options. I personally prefer the Aracom which is a bit pricey but, there are also lower priced options. The THD Hotplate is excellent for the money.

Trending Topics