Help build an A + B mute pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jhr1948, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jhr1948

jhr1948 Member

hi guys
    First off, i already have an ABY pedal. But i'm slowly losing room on the pedalboard and don't care to get a larger board. So i decided i wanted a smaller AB pedal.

What i found that fit my needs the best, was this pedal:
    http://www.jhspedals.com/jhspedals/JHS_A_and_B_Seperator_Box.html
    I know they build quality, but can't justify the $85

So i decided to build my own using a tinyHammond 1590A enclosure to save even more space. Like this http://www.loooper.com/microabys.htm

I've been looking for wiring diagrams, but all of the ones i've found are either an A/B switch or ABY. Like the JHS, i just want to be able to press A to Engage the signal to my amp and/or press B to Engage my signal to my Fishman Aura Spectrum DI (that goes to the PA-hybrid guitar). But, I will sometimes have Both A & B engaged.

I know my ABY pedal works, but i kinda like the JHS pedal idea that the A switch turn on/off that signal and B switch turns on/off that signal. And once again, i would sometimes run both outputs (so need to make sure there's no noise etc...)

If someone can point me to the right direction, i'd really appreciate it. I assume an ABY diagram might be really similar. I can follow directions pretty good.

2. aT19er

aT19er Member

You might try giving Road Rage Pro Gear or Loop-Master a shout. I have boxes from both and couldn't be happier.

3. jhr1948

jhr1948 Member

I appreciate that info

really trying to save some cash, just built a new board from scratch and pretty strapped.

i have decent soldering skills

4. jhr1948

jhr1948 Member

anyone else have input?

5. talanzdad

talanzdad Member

do you want A/B/Mute or A/B mute??? Meaning that the B side would be a mute? Send me a PM and I can help you out.