1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Help building Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jacob.seads, Mar 1, 2012.

1. jacob.seads

jacob.seads Member

Hello everyone. I am looking to build a new pedalboard to replace my plywood/carpet board.

I am leaning to build a pedaltrain style board (slats, angled with room for powersupply) but I really want to go for a clean as possible look with no visible cables running around. Kind of like the photo below.

However, I also change pedals very often and don't want to have set, predrilled holes. Therefore I am thinking of getting a black material to cover the top. I was thinking of some kind of black fabric which velcro would stick to and I could cut little slits for the cables.Something like black landscaping fabric

Any suggestions? or has anyone had this same issue? More explanation needed?

[​IMG]

2. Steve73

Steve73 Member

When I had a homemade board made of plywood, I just used carpet for what you describe. The velcro stuck to it and I could cut small slits into it for power and signal cable. Pedals on top and all the cabling went underneath. It worked great and you couldn't see where I cut the slits into the carpet when the pedals were removed.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member