Help building Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jacob.seads, Mar 1, 2012.

1. jacob.seads

jacob.seads Member

Hello everyone. I am looking to build a new pedalboard to replace my plywood/carpet board.

I am leaning to build a pedaltrain style board (slats, angled with room for powersupply) but I really want to go for a clean as possible look with no visible cables running around. Kind of like the photo below.

However, I also change pedals very often and don't want to have set, predrilled holes. Therefore I am thinking of getting a black material to cover the top. I was thinking of some kind of black fabric which velcro would stick to and I could cut little slits for the cables.Something like black landscaping fabric

Any suggestions? or has anyone had this same issue? More explanation needed?

[​IMG]

2. Steve73

Steve73 Member

When I had a homemade board made of plywood, I just used carpet for what you describe. The velcro stuck to it and I could cut small slits into it for power and signal cable. Pedals on top and all the cabling went underneath. It worked great and you couldn't see where I cut the slits into the carpet when the pedals were removed.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member