help choosing floorboard

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by bassman, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bassman

bassman Member

Hey everyone . I need some help deciding on what to get . I'm going to try the Tech 21 Power engine but don't know what to get for an fx processor in front for it. I was thinking a used Pod XT live but a lot of people don't like it for live situations. I used my buddy's 2.0 through my PA for practice and liked that , but I want something with an expression pedal on it. I'm not a big tweaker so I need something easy to use to get some decent tones and store patches so I can use it in a live setting since I don't record. I don't need a ton of of patches , just something I can use for covers that has a nice OD ,delay for some leads. Help is appreciated , not trying to break the bank either

2. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

My standard advice in these threads is to try everything you can get your hands on locally before you decide. If ease of use is an issue for you (as it was for me when I was deciding), I'd suggest the POD HD300, or one of the DigiTech or Vox units. If you can wait until May, the Zoom G5 also looks to be a good option. I've been a happy user of the DigiTech RP355 and RP155 for a few years now.