HELP! Chorus recommendation for Church Praise Band

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PremiumPlus, Jan 28, 2008.

1. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

Hi, I'm wondering which chorus would be best for sweet praise music. I have an H2O and I don't like it much, I have found that a Dano FAB chorus works better, and sounds deeper than the H2O or a Boss CE-3 that I used to have. But I want to get something more reliable and foot-friendly than the FAB. It's funny that a 15 dollar pedal sounds better than the H2O but it swirls better...On the other end of things I have a Sweet Sound UltraVibe that I love, but it's too intense for church. Thanks....

2. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger

3. clemduolian

clemduolian Silver Supporting Member

Carl Martin Chorus xII...a great chorus with the ability to preset 2 different speeds/depths. Quiet and toneful.

4. Shiny McShine

Shiny McShine Member

Chorus is cool but vibe will set you apart without anyone really knowing what it is or drawing attention to you (perfect for the praise scene). I had the Fulltone Deja 2 and it rocks. Check out Mojo Vibe & Uber Vibe.

Vibe Quest

5. willyredeemed

willyredeemed Member

6. Bantha

Bantha Member

I use a Diamond Halo in praise and worship. It gives me options.

7. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

Boss super chorus worked well until I found out I hate chorus

8. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

arion chorus! i find i t more rich and fuller than my tc electronics ch/fl/pm pedal.

not expensive either, need to put in a true bypass looper though. or make it true bypass.

9. Twin63

Twin63 Member

Don't discount your UltraVibe. Check out Glenn Pearce's guitar work on Michael W. Smith's Worship cd's. He used a Mojo Vibe on several songs. If I remember, he said the setting was pretty subtle - anyway, it sounds very good.

10. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I have a digitech CF7 Chorus Factory. I dig it. It has several different models so you have some options. The buffer is good too. It doesn't suck tone at all.

I know a lot of people around here frown on Digitech but this is a good pedal for a hundred bucks.

Check out the sound samples
    http://www.digitech.com/flash/CF7Demo.php

I personally use the Voodoo Labs model but I think all the models have their strong points.

Scott

11. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I use an Analogman Clone Clone (nice and swirly, almost organ like) or the TCF (cleaner and more subtle).

12. bribrigingo

bribrigingo Member

I dig my Fulltone Choralflange for chorus sounds while playing at church. Full analog sound and versatile as well. I can dial in a decent leslie sound with it if I'm not using the chorus.

You might check that out and see if it works for you.

13. Don L

Don L Member

I've been very happy with Analogman Bi-Chorus. Set one side for syrupy chorus and the other for leslie-like effect. Very nice!

14. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

I've tried them all and the EBS Red Twister is my favorite. It works really well to accenutuate a passage. It's very rich sounding especially in stereo. My next favorite is the Retro-sonic.

John

15. Axekisser

Axekisser Member

I've been into my Carl Martin Classic Chorus.

I'm no expert but the chorus has a non-chorus feel to it on low speed settings where a lot of units have that short delay "Haas" effect to it. It's all analog and with a little of the Trem added its very lush to me.

16. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Another +1 for the Digitech Chorus Factory. Very versatile pedal and sounds deep, lush, etc. IMHO.

17. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

I use a Boss CE-5 set for a vibe sound for church. I like it this way a lot.

18. thudle

thudle Member

you can use what every other big-name worship guitarist use (david crowder band, hillsong, etc.) the line6 mm-4

19. jpv0209

jpv0209 Member

If you looking for a cheap chorus that sounds good.....go with a digitech x-serise chorus. It has like 7 different adjustable settings......works like a charm

20. ransacker

ransacker Member

Score yet another for the Digitech Chorus Factory. Versatile. Economical. Tweakable beyond the units it portents to model. Not for a true tonal purist. Remember that it strives to evoke these models and not nail them dead on. I think if you go into it with that sort of diminished expectation you will not have nearly the let down of it not being the exact pedal and will feel like you fell for the ad hype. Remember that this is your playing and your instrumental voice and go from there.

The Ransacker