Help! Custom foot switch/rehouse for mesa express +

Curban

Well I know if anyone can help me it's you guys. hopefully this is better suited here than the amp forum but maybe not.

Before anyone asks I did some googling and can't find something that fits my needs.

Anyways, I've got the mesa express + 5:25
The more I use the footswitch the more I realize it is hugely oversized and I could really use the space. I'd even be fine dropping from 4 switches to 2 (channel and solo)

I know I could use individual switchers and use the 1/4 inputs but that's 2 more 25 foot cables to run in my snake.

So it begs the question does anyone do rehoused on the amp foot switches or make ones that still use the 8 pin connector so I can keep my cable snake the way it is?

James

I've had great experiences with rehouses with FXDoctor here in Boston. I seem to recall seeing examples of amplifier footswitch rehouses on his website, but I'm not 100% certain. I've found him to be very helpful, fast and fair-priced. I'd drop him a line.

Good luck!

Neff

I'm interested as well. I have no idea why mesa builds their amp switches using those huge enclosures, but I'd love something that fits better on my pedalboard.

rck

Strat Lover 4 Life
Silver Supporting Member
I know I could use individual switchers and use the 1/4 inputs but that's 2 more 25 foot cables to run in my snake

Try http://saturnworkspedals.com

I had them build me a Dual Footswitch using a TRS jack out of it and had a TRS insert cord so that the dual Mono ends can be plugged into the corresponding jacks in the back of my Express 550+, worked beautifully as the Dual Footswitch had two LEDs to indicate what was activated or not. I think it was around $40.

I also run a snake so the (1) TRS insert cord is basically the same as the DIN cable that came with the Express.

They did have pedals listed on Reverb.com also or you can email them directly.

BBSuggs

Almost again if it was that but in 8 pin I'd be golden but that is 4 1/4 cables to use which is even worse for my needs. I checked that whole site but I didn't see it

Looks like you get 4 1/4 inch connectors on a single cable. ?? Might be wrong. That's not too bad if true.

INCLUDES 20 FEET OF HARDWIRED CABLE AND THE REQUIRED 1/4" MONO PLUGS AT THE CABLE END.

Curban

Looks like you get 4 1/4 inch connectors on a single cable. ?? Might be wrong. That's not too bad if true.

INCLUDES 20 FEET OF HARDWIRED CABLE AND THE REQUIRED 1/4" MONO PLUGS AT THE CABLE END.

Not terrible 22-25 feet is more what I'd need but I'd still prefer to keep the single plug

BBSuggs

Gotcha. And understand completely. A 20 footer doesn't snake very far at all.

Sorry for the bold caps. That's the way it copied over.

Good luck!

Curban

Gotcha. And understand completely. A 20 footer doesn't snake very far at all.

Sorry for the bold caps. That's the way it copied over.

Good luck!

Not a problem in the least! I appreciate the help I emailed the company seeing if they'd do an 8 pin I'll await a response I guess. That's about my best bet so far

Trending Topics

Top Bottom