• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Help figuring out an MXR pedal

dmort

Years ago I watched a youtube video of somone playing an MXR overdrive or distortion pedal with a tone that I thought was just awesome. I'm trying to figure out what the pedal was. What I remember is that it was an overdrive or distortion, that it had a script logo, and that it was a limited edition, or limited run or something. I feel like it had something to do with Japan, but honestly, I can't really recall so that might be totally wrong.

I've done a ton of image searching and I can't seem to find what I remember. Is there a list somewhere that I can find online? I tried to find one but I think what I found was invariably incomplete.

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
They aren't script logo but the Il Torino and il diavolo were custom shop collaborations with an Italian amp and pedal designer that sounded great in demos

i think the Torino may be out of production

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
Maybe the MXR Custom Shop CSP-104 '73 Vintage Distortion+ - This was a UK exclusive, but the only OD/Dist I could find with a script logo. There's a ton of others with script names. Maybe refining your image search to include "Script Logo Reissue" or similar will get better results.

dmort

I'm going to search youtube for those pedals, but my instinct is that it isn't any of them. I wish I could remember.

JesterR

I bet, that it was some TS/SD-1/DS-1 clone, which MXR did a lot, and that tone was all about a good amp.

stargazer747

Years ago I watched a youtube video of somone playing an MXR overdrive or distortion pedal with a tone that I thought was just awesome. I'm trying to figure out what the pedal was. What I remember is that it was an overdrive or distortion, that it had a script logo, and that it was a limited edition, or limited run or something. I feel like it had something to do with Japan, but honestly, I can't really recall so that might be totally wrong.

I've done a ton of image searching and I can't seem to find what I remember. Is there a list somewhere that I can find online? I tried to find one but I think what I found was invariably incomplete.
You recall the color at least? With MXR it may help narrow it down.

Baskervils

Just buy every MXR pedal. You can't really go wrong. You don't even need to buy vintage ones unless they are out of production. The new ones are great.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom