Help Finding Brazilian Board '65 Strat Neck

calieng

Has anyone seen a Brazilian rosewood '65 Strat neck out there for sale? Preferably a lower cost reproduction but posibly an original depending on cost.

Does anyone know of a luthier who could build one? It does not seem Warmoth etc have Brazilian boards anymore....

Is it possible to replace the laminated board on an existing replacement neck with Brazilian or is it too well glued on to try that? I assume the board could be planed off but maybe easier just to build a new neck from scratch.

Just trying to upgrade an existing '65 Strat build to make it more accurate.

Thanks for any help!

wox

Silver Supporting Member
Musikraft will build a pretty close replica and they often have Brazilian available for a not-small upcharge.

Last edited:

kinmike

Gold Supporting Member
This is what you want right here:

a 1965 Jazzmaster neck. Nothing like the real thing.

Mike

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
Lay's will replace a rosewood fretboard with 'vintage' Brazilian. A friend had Lay's replace the rosewood on his 335 with vintage Brazilian that came from a donor Junior or Melody Maker as I recall. And I remember him saying it was reasonably priced (but I don't recall how much).

Depending on where you are in the world - as you're likely aware - Brazilian rosewood (most rosewoods these days) are an import/export hazard. Just make sure you're not breaking any laws; not because the laws make sense, but because they can be punitive...

Matt.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom