HELP! Fulltone CS-MDV-II stock trimmer settings

SuperAvianti

Recently acquired a used Fulltone Custom Shop Deja Vibe (latest 18v small silver box version), having been an owner of a number of previous incarnations I hoped for more of the same but better, but that’s not really what I’ve got.... yet!

Having emailed Fulltone and not really got a useful response I was hoping someone here could help.

Basically I think the previous owner messed with the 3 internal trimmers and never got it to do what he wanted so flipped it. There should be markings on the trimmer casings as to where Fulltone say it sounds at its optimum, mine doesn’t have those just markings on top the trimmers which doesn’t relate to any position on the dial (useful eh).

If anyone here has a stock unit (never messed with) and could take a photo of the inner board and trimmers settings that would be ace so I could get it to “ground zero” as see where I need to go from there if anywhere on them.

Basically trying to get it to do Trower which previous versions did well so it must be in it!

Any photos of your circuit board trimmers appreciated. I hope someone can help.

DJ_61

Gold Supporting Member
I do not think there is a stock setting. Mike tunes all pedals by ear and I remember him writing to never mess with in of the trimpots. Sorry not much of a help.

retro

The 3 trimmers gut photo in the manual on his site doesn’t work for you?

He goes over the trimmers somewhat in the manual also …?

Last edited:

SuperAvianti

Are those pictures in the manual in the ballpark of the stock position? Fulltone seem unable to answer that question, or any question for that. The pedal doesn’t do much if they are. Never had an issue with the 2 previous versions I had and now wish I’d never sold.

I can’t believe they can all be different given the amount of SMD components in this mini one and the strict tolerances MF runs. Can they?

SuperAvianti

There is only marks on top the turning dials of the trimmers. Nothing around the trimmer cases like there normally is on FT products and an in the manual.

retro

The manual pic looks to me to have marks on the casing that line up with the slot that turns???

do Your guts look like the pic in the manual?

if they do the slot angle would perhaps be
a viable guide?

Last edited:

SuperAvianti

Yes the guts are the same. And yes I’ve set mine by what’s depicted in the manual... but it doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as the older versions or anywhere near as authentic as even a TC Viscous!

Basically if someone has a stock “unmolested” CS Deja would they be able to take a shot of their board to see if the manual pictures do correlate to where they set them from the factory, and if not where there’s is set? Just a “o clock” setting would be ideal.
Thanks for your help guys.

Turnipfarmer

What are you powering it with? You need an 18V supply with at least 500mA. In my experience the Fulltone supply at 500mA sounded good and my power supply at 250mA sounded weaker and 200mA weaker still.

Once you get a higher current supply sorted I would adjust by ear - set them like the manual and then turn till they sound good.

SuperAvianti

What are you powering it with? You need an 18V supply with at least 500mA. In my experience the Fulltone supply at 500mA sounded good and my power supply at 250mA sounded weaker and 200mA weaker still.

Once you get a higher current supply sorted I would adjust by ear - set them like the manual and then turn till they sound good.
Thanks. My PSU (Palmer) runs (isolated) 250mA per output so its seeing 500mA... and I don’t have anything else running off it.

johnnyg88

I’ve seen inside my own and two others. Stock setting is max for all but the internal speed setting on these!

I don’t know if that still means they were “tuned by ear” for these specific builds or if they just max them out on all units?