1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

help going direct

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by parkhill, May 24, 2011.

1. parkhill

parkhill Member

I'm looking for a direct box or preamp for guitar but I am not having much luck finding something to truly fit my needs. I am creating a stereo setup with a gcx switching system. Generally I will be running it into a fairly clean guitar amps. On occassion though I would like to be able to run direct to a mixing board. This would be for jamming at home when volume needs to be low, but if it sounds good enough I may use it live sometimes. So here is what I was hoping for:

A stereo direct box or preamp with instrument inputs
    Rack-mountable
    Something that is a good simulation of a clean amp
    Something with speaker cab simulation
    Preferably something analog, tubes running a full voltage are a plus

Does anyone know of something like this? Is the modeling route my better bet?

I do have a Damage Control Womanizer I like but it's single channel and it is already incorporated as a pedal into my gcx system. But if I could find something comparable to that in a stereo format I would be set. Thanks.

2. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

3. mgrier1

mgrier1 Silver Supporting Member

Fearn VT-3 hits all your specs except speaker cab simulation...

Best,

Mike

4. parkhill

parkhill Member

Thanks. I'll check those both out.