Help ID a Marshall 4x12 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JayRyanE, Jul 26, 2015.

1. JayRyanE

JayRyanE Member

Hey guys, I have a Marshall cab I'm looking at and was wondering if any of you could shed some light about the cab. He's asking $600 Canadian for it. It says 1960 LEAD on the cab, is this a budget cab? or is it a standard Marshall 4x12? Also what do you think its worth. Any help for you guys would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks boys

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

That's a new(er) Marshall 1960A. Those are the good ones. Since it's white you could probably get like $500 for it. What speakers are in it?

3. splgeo

splgeo Member

IRC its a cab designed to be a cab from the 60's but built around the JCM900 era

4. Kelly

Kelly Member

Cabs from the jcm900 era have a jcm900 tag. This cab is more recent.

5. amphog

amphog Silver Supporting Member

1960, 1959 , 2204, etc. are models in Marshall world, not years.

custom53 likes this.
  6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Read the wattage plate on the back and post what it says. The speakers make all the difference in how valuable it is. For a white 412 with 300w (G12=75s) I'd give you exactly nothing. I hate the sound of those speakers. For one loaded with G12-65s, $600 would be a deal!

7. B Money

B Money Member

looks like a regular Marshall 1960a cab to me. The 1960 series is Marshall's baseline pro-grade guitar speaker cabinet. The basic elements are; mostly plywood construction with a particle board baffle board and back. Plastic handles and corners. Metal casters.
    They are loaded with Celestion G75T-12 speakers, unless otherwise denoted by the model #.
    They are available in all kind of variations, "A" = slant top, "B" = straight front, "V" = Vintage (loaded with V30 speaker), "X" = Greenback speakers, "TV" is a slightly taller version, and lots of other versions too. I don't know then all. Marshall has produced about a zillion of these in various colors and grill cloths combinations.
    They are extremely common and can be had used for as little as $350. Craigslist often has lots of them. The white tolex is a nice novelty but I wouldn't pay any extra for it. The stock G75T speakers are not popular on TGP, but I think they sound fine once broken in.