1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help Id a pickup..

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by jdandry, May 21, 2011.

1. jdandry

jdandry Member

Can any of you guys ID thin Tele bridge pickup? Its been in my '68 Tele for over 22 years and I have no idea what it is other than non-original. It reads 9K and sounds great, fat but twangy. I figure you guys have seen them all. Maybe the two little bumps on the bass side in the 1st pic is a tell tale sign. Thanks!! Click on the pic and it should bring you to a close up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. guitarguy36

guitarguy36 Electric Blues with Soul Gold Supporting Member

Seymour in the eighties did a flat pole tele PU and called it a 54 . from the color of the cloth cover on the wire of the postive and wax on the cover of the wire it seems to be a Seymour Duncan 54 from the memories I have of their builds.

3. jdandry

jdandry Member

Promising! I sent the pics to Duncan and they said it could be theirs..maybe I'll email back that possibility and jog some memories! ...And not the same as the modern '54 from Duncan right? Thanks!

4. guitarguy36

guitarguy36 Electric Blues with Soul Gold Supporting Member

Checked my resource material and thats a Duncan 54 or "Vintage" built between 78 and 82 then they went with a logo stamped on the bottom of the plate.