1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help ID this guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by andy89, May 16, 2011.

1. andy89

andy89 Member

I apologize for starting another one of these threads. I have done as much research as possible trying to avoid bothering you guys with this - but came up with nothing. The F-holes are unique to anything I have seen. I am sure it is a Teisco or another cheap import but I was hoping someone could shed a little more light on to the model of the guitar and maybe a price. I know the guy selling it and he as offered it to me as something to tinker with before ebay. He has the neck but it is packed away some where. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31019446@N04/

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

I've seen those split F holes on other guitars before, but it does look like a later tiesco offering

3. BrentB6

BrentB6 Member

I had one in red that looked a lot like that. Same pickups too. If I remember..... it said Pan on the headstock.

4. andy89

andy89 Member

Thanks guys! Uploaded some more pictures of the guitar with all parts on it (minus the bridge and strings). Cool looking guitar but don't think I'll snag it. Thanks again though!

5. travisvwright

travisvwright Member

Do you have a photo of the neck plate? I'd guess Matsumoku, look up Univox and Aria, I'll bet you find it.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. travisvwright

travisvwright Member