Help ID tubes ... Epi EA 50-T amp ... Russian???

Those tubes did not come in that amp OEM. The amp would have had U.S. made El-84/7189/6BQ5's in it. Blue Strat might be able to inform us as to when those tubes became available here in the U.S> The mid-'60's were deep Cold War times.

Blue Strat

Those tubes did not come in that amp OEM. The amp would have had U.S. made El-84/7189/6BQ5's in it. Blue Strat might be able to inform us as to when those tubes became available here in the U.S> The mid-'60's were deep Cold War times.

LEGALLY, post "tear down that wall!". Illegally? Any time before that.

That's the way I understand, Mike. I have owned and still own quite a number of old
Gibsons, Epi's and Kalamazoos. I have never seen one with those Russian 6P14P's. Fwiw.....That 'N' in Cyrillic is a 'P' in our alphabet. A 'P' in Cyrillic is an 'R' in ours. A 'C' in Cyrillic is an 'S'.
I'm back, I'm back...back in the CCCP. Those were the days back in Monterrey, CA learning Russian. I spent my 21st birthday at a party on Cannery Row....before it was what it is today.

Blue Strat

That's the way I understand, Mike. I have owned and still own quite a number of old
Gibsons, Epi's and Kalamazoos. I have never seen one with those Russian 6P14P's. Fwiw.....That 'N' in Cyrillic is a 'P' in our alphabet. A 'P' in Cyrillic is an 'R' in ours. A 'C' in Cyrillic is an 'S'.
I'm back, I'm back...back in the CCCP. Those were the days back in Monterrey, CA learning Russian. I spent my 21st birthday at a party on Cannery Row....before it was what it is today.

Understood. EL84s lasting 30 years is kind of a stretch, so it wouldn't be surprising that they'd been changed, no?

My lineage is Russian.

markooo

I'm sure these were swapped at some point. From a local stereo shop where guy is a hack repairman.
It even has a Zenith speaker which is probably not even for guitar use. Guy probably had it laying around.
Ever hear of a Zenith in a guitar amp?

Blue Strat

I'm sure these were swapped at some point. From a local stereo shop where guy is a hack repairman.
It even has a Zenith speaker which is probably not even for guitar use. Guy probably had it laying around.
Ever hear of a Zenith in a guitar amp?

It's quite possible that it's made by one of the major speaker companies and Zenith put it's brand on it.

swiveltung

I have a new set of those Russians, never did install them before I sold my Ghia. I heard they were good, anyone like them?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom