Help identifing power transformer

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jherman, Aug 22, 2006.

1. jherman

jherman Member

While looking over my 66 Super Reverb for an overhaul I noticed the PT didn't look right. Cloth covered wires. So I checked the numbers against a chart I found online. None of them matched.
    I googled the numbers and only came up with somebody looking at a tweed Bassman that had an original output trans but this power trans.
    So here are the numbers- KO22798 606 0673 CSA 827
    Many thanks.

2. jherman

jherman Member

Thanks for your reply. I checked it again this morning and it is stamped 606 0673. That's why the month codes didn't make sense to me. Also the use of the cloth covered wire. It seems like a later transformer would have plastic coated wire, like the original right?
    Maybe it was made during the 73rd month, that would account for any abnormalities:crazy

3. donnyjaguar

donnyjaguar Member

I've seen WWYY used on various electronics. That would make it the 6th week of 1973. What's the CSA in there for, Canadian Standards Association?

4. brad347

brad347 Member

mabe the person stamping the endbells was drunk that day

:crazy
    :BEER

5. jherman

jherman Member

I just noticed I typed month instead of week. Duh.Thanks for the date code info Tele man. That DRY heat's been fairly moist lately no?