Help Identifying older DiMarzio Pickup?

So I've decided to finally finish the restoration I was doing on my beloved Peavey Patriot (which is also the first guitar I've ever owned) and while digging through box o' parts belonging to it, I realized that I had no idea what kind of PU my guitar tech buddy had put in it. There are no identifying marks apart from "DIMARZIO PICKUPS MADE IN U.S.A." stamped on the underside. At a guess, this was installed in 1998 and was already a fairly old PU at the time.

I whipped out the multimeter and measured resistance at ~9.3kΩ

Any guesses?

JoSGR1v.jpg

pV6Kr4M.jpg

jimlp

Silver Supporting Member
Black pole pieces makes me want to say PAF Pro, did the Super 2 have black pole pieces?

AdmiralB

PAF Pro or perhaps FRED.

Supers don't have cap screws (they use set screws as polepieces, no holes in the baseplates).

mrilo

the paf pro and fred don't have the two holes at one end of pickup I don't think. Based on the two holes, hex poles, and DC reading maybe it is the DP202 Al Di Pickup?? IIRC that was around that DC rating. They are discontinued now and not sure if they were around in 98' or not, just a guess though.

Hopefully dimarzio can help

Ncp10

D.C. resistance is too low for a Super Distortion. They're 13+k. Dimeola has a signature on the base. Super II has a thick magnet. Does yours? I'm stumped on this one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom