Help identifying this digital noise (Amplitube UA)

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by jimfist, Dec 6, 2016.

1. jimfist

jimfist Member

Can anyone help me identify this digital noise? R2D2 has invaded my interface!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42990015/2016-12-06_Amplitube_UA_Bass_Amp_Noise.wav

I'm getting it from Amplitube UA (Android interface) only on the stock BASS category Ampeg SVT amp model, and none of the others. I initially thought that this was inherent noise to the device itself, but on closer inspection, even the stock high gain amps DO NOT have this noise going on in the background, but only the stock Ampeg bass amp.

I begrudgingly used the in-app purchase to download the Ampeg B-15 model, and it works perfectly well, with none of this noise, so at least I have a bona-fide bass amp model working now, even though it cost a few $$$.

So far, IK Multimedia has not been able to explain this noise, and otherwise, all of the functions of the UA interface are working fine, and I'm pretty impressed with this little device for getting sounds in a very small package via Android.