Help in the chain

Serra

Hi

I would like help to set up a guitar pedal in chain. Its the Klon KTR overdrive that I want to put in this chain order:

guitar telecaster - tc polytune - Death by audio war Fuzz - Zvex Fuzz 7 - Supreme pharaoh Fuzz - Zvex double rock - boss blues - Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra - boss DD 7 - Strymon Flint - amp orange tiny terror combo

Thanks in advance...

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Try out in between tge double rock and boss blues- then adjust forward or back from there

Serra

Many thanks Clark

I was thinking after Boss Blues Driver and before Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra. What do you think about this configuration? I accept your advice with consideration. What do I lose and gain with this order chain?

Do you think Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra is a effect pedal?

Thanks...

tubekingsley

Many thanks Clark

I was thinking after Boss Blues Driver and before Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra. What do you think about this configuration? I accept your advice with consideration. What do I lose and gain with this order chain?

Do you think Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra is a effect pedal?

Thanks...
I had a silicon Catlinbread Naga Viper, which I believe is similar to the Sabbra? I couldn't run other pedals into it, without getting squeal- even running an EP booster into it, was not possible.You currently run the buffered Blues Driver into Sabbra? Run the KTR last, before delay. KTR is meant to hit the front end of your amp. Some would say put the KTR after dd7 for that reason, but unlike many klones/Klon, the KTR charge pump supposedly doesn't mess with digital delay. You may want to lose the Blues Driver, if you prefer the sound of the KTR buffer on it's own ? Also, try the KTR last, after dd7, just to see. Some purists will say Klon needs to be the last pedal in line, so it's up to you and your ears

Last edited:

Serra

I had a silicon Catlinbread Naga Viper, which I believe is similar to the Sabbra? I couldn't run other pedals into it, without getting squeal- even running an EP booster into it, was not possible.You currently run the buffered Blues Driver into Sabbra? Run the KTR last, before delay. KTR is meant to hit the front end of your amp. Some would say put the KTR after dd7 for that reason, but unlike many klones/Klon, the KTR charge pump supposedly doesn't mess with digital delay. You may want to lose the Blues Driver, if you prefer the sound of the KTR buffer on it's own ? Also, try the KTR last, after dd7, just to see. Some purists will say Klon needs to be the last pedal in line, so it's up to you and your ears
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I will change my Blues Driver for the KTR because I like the crunchy sound of it on its own. I will use it as you said after the Catalibread Sabbra Cadabra (which I can´t use with any other pedal because I also get that squeal sound that you mentioned) and before the Boss DD-7. I like the overdrive sound of the Sabbra Cadabra but can´t use it with any other pedals except effects.

I was thinking that I also can stick with the Boss Blues Driver because I have the space in the rig for it. In that case I will put the KTR after the Sabbra Cadabra and also before the DD 7.

What would change in this pedals order in the chain?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

tubekingsley

If the Blues Driver is in the chain with the Klon buffer, both buffers may sound fine to you. Or you might like the Klon as your only buffer. You should try Blues Driver before and after Klon, then you'll know- or put the Blues Driver in a mini loop switcher. I would guess the Klon buffer will be better served before the Blues Driver ? What do you guys think about that ? You don't like to run the Sabbra into any of of your fuzz pedals or Zvex DR?

Trending Topics