• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help: Looking for a a marshall sounding pedal!

sparkle**

Ok,

I have the RSA23 and I am looking to run a pedal into the clean side and get
an 80's rock/metal sound ala Priest brittish steel or Scorps Blackout. Basically I no longer want to use an attenuator so we the club says the click channel is to loud I need to recreate it with a pedal and set the click for a lead channel...
I currently have the Switchazel ( the lift sounds great with the RSA, and a KLON.

I would like to get the crunch without much of a volume boost if possible.

thinking
SIB varidrive
BJF Dyna red

any other suggestions or opinions on the above?

nsriley

I highly recommend the Radial Engineering ToneBone Hot British. It's a hot rodded Marshall in a box!

-Peace
-Nate

B

Big Bob

I'll second the Hot British and the Guv! And add the Keeley DS1 ultra. Its raunchier than the Hot British but not quite as raunchy as the Guv. All are great Marshalls in a box.

Menatone's are great too into a clean channel.

Bob

pacomc79

The BJF Dyna Red would be my first choice.

You can approximate the 80's marshall tone with a good Rat. The keeley Rat is excellent.

gearboy

Tonebone Hot British or a Carl Martin PlexiTone will get you what you want. For something a little off-kilter, I got a good Priest type tone running a Bad Monkey into a Line 6 Crunchtone.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
My gut is that you'll get a closer sound with a tube driven distortion-channel-in-a-box type pedal. I have the H&K Tubefactor, which is one of these. It may not have as much of a Marshall buzz as some solid state pedals, but provides tall dynamics and the round envelope that you get from a real tube driven amp channel, which I think is closer to a Marshall sound in the long run.

Moe45673

+1 on the hot british. Loveeeeeee mine, cured my high gain GAS (still not interested in new ones after having it for almost a year!)

zoooombiex

+1 on the BJF DRD. great marshally tones from low to high gain.

i'd also suggest the menatone KOTB and workingman's blues. the workingman's is a great low-medium gain marshall and perhaps my favorite menatone pedal. the KOTB is much higher gain and sounds very simlilar to the DRD. bigger, but has more tone control.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Maybe I'm using it wrong...but the Fuller OCD is a very Marshall-esque pedal. Very nice.

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
sanhozay said:
Maybe I'm using it wrong...but the Fuller OCD is a very Marshall-esque pedal. Very nice.
I'm also getting a great Marshall sound out of my OCD.

woude

keeley modded boss sd-1, keeley modded boss bluesbreaker and keeley modded boss ds-1 all give some sort of marshall grit to your sound. I liked the sd-1 the most, a really nice pedal.

Trending Topics