• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help me appraise my amp.

donnievaz

I'm trying to figure out what my amp is worth. I'm thinking I may sell it but really don't know what the street value would be.

Peavey Classic 30 Combo, custom Honduran Mahogany Cabinet, almost new quad of JJ El84's. Eminence Private Jack speaker.

Any ideas? I figure a stock used Classic 30 goes for about $350-$375.

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Yes it should be more than $500. But I'd say in todays market, $400-$450.

SatelliteAmps

Why would it be more than a standard used one? Because of the cabinet? It's a cool looking cabinet, but I don't see it adding value. Replacement cabs usually drop values.

jaydawg76

Why would it be more than a standard used one? Because of the cabinet? It's a cool looking cabinet, but I don't see it adding value. Replacement cabs usually drop values.
Maybe with vintage amps but I think with a newer amp a nice cab like the one we're talking about would be considered an upgrade. Thus constituting a slightly higher resale value.

wsaraceni

Maybe with vintage amps but I think with a newer amp a nice cab like the one we're talking about would be considered an upgrade. Thus constituting a slightly higher resale value.
it also can slightly lower the quantity of people interested. for me, i would pay extra for a custom cab 2nd hand

donnievaz

I wouldn't expect to get out what you put in on a piece like that.
I got a great deal on the amp and made the cabinet myself so it's not as bad as you might think. But I know what you mean. It's like these killer Warmoth guitars people put together for $1200 and can't get $500 for them.

Trout

Id List it on Ebay for $999.99 Free shipping on a 10 day listing use
the " Make Offer Setting"
Listing Fee's are about $5.00 if you host your own pictures.
Set it for USA only and hope for the best.
Emphasize the Custom wood cab, and type of wood as well as any other upgrades. Post a link to sound clips on youtube

You can always relist it if you get no reasonable offers.

SatelliteAmps

Never seen that in actual values, vintage or new. The only people that tend to consider them an upgrade in actual value are the makers and the original purchasers.

Trending Topics