Help me build this pedal!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gtr777, Sep 9, 2008.

1. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I have a "boost and buff" that I want to run in the effects loop of my SLO-100 as a solo boost. I'd rather not run two long cables out to have it on my board. I'd rather have it back by my amp using short cables to hook it up.

What I would like to do is make a looper (something like the Keeley model) but instead of having the switch on it, I would want a foot switch input and then have a amp switcher or remote on my board that controls the looper pedal by my amp which the boost and buff would be hookes up to.

I hope I explaned this decent enough...and haven't been able to find something that does this.

Anyone know how I could wire this?

2. dosmun

dosmun Member

You will need to use relays or you will still have the long cable runs carrying your guitar signal.

3. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

Thats what I figured as I don't want to run the guitar signal out to my board. Unfortunately that's a little over my head from a design standpoint.

4. R.D.

R.D. Member

It'll be much, MUCH easier if you just get a Lumos from Lyle Caldwell ( Psionic Audio ).

It's designed specifically to run in the efx loop and it's controlled by remote switching.

5. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I saw the lumos but since it actually attenuates your volume when not activated (giving you full volume when activated for solos) I thought it would have negative effects on the amp tone. SLO's are great but the effects loops on them is actually their weak link.