• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help me choose a lightweight power amp.....

charley

Gold Supporting Member
Hi all,

I am looking to build a "Twin Lite." I use a Boogie MK1 RI as my big amp, and a Quilter Tone Block as my little amp. I want the Twin Lite to be somewhere in the middle of the 2.....ie, it can be a bit kore substantial than the Tone Block, but lighter than the Boogie.

I am a roots/americana multi instrumentalist. I play 335's, teles, jazzmasters, acoustic guitars, and banjo....and I want to do it all through 1 rig! I am all set on speaker cabs. I will be using a 1x12 loaded with a Telonics TSNEO12. I have also pretty much decided on buying a Sarno Revelation or SMS Classic Preamp. Both preamps are tube.

But I am undecided on power amp. I want something light.....so I am looking solid state only. Do I get a 2nd Tone Block to run a stereo setup with the pre? Or do I buy a Matrix GT1000fx?

I like the DI on the Quilter, and like the idea that I always have a backup built in. Plus, if I get the stereo Quilter setup it still looks like there is enough room to route the cable to the front, and leave everything plugged in when not in use. I like that the Matrix is 1RU and powerful. I currently own 1 Tone Block, and have owned a GT800fx in the past. I think either would work great, but am having trouble deciding which to get....so I am looking for opinions!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Trending Topics